Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jag has performed very well overall since delivery a couple of months ago.

There was just the one minor issue that my Jag did come with and that was creaks on the headliner right above the driver seat.

Creaks were somewhat loud and annoying and were most noticeable whenever the car would flex a bit by going over a driveway, bump or rough road.

Here is a video of the creaks

https://vimeo.com/220551065

The issue turned out to be caused by the plastic ends on the overhead handles that were rubbing against the car frame. The dealer lowered the headliner and applied felt tape to all contact areas on the overhead handles, re-adjusted the position of the ends of the handles and the issue went away.

I'm posting this in case some of you happen to have a similar issue. The loaner XF I got happened to also have that issue! Although it was not as severe as in my Jag. But it confirmed this issue was not unique to my car.

I'm back to happy with zero issues on my new Jag!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Love helpful threads, such a break from all of the negative pointless ones ;) haha. Thanks!

Reactions: Eskay and JagFPace1

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love helpful threads, such a break from all of the negative pointless ones
haha. Thanks!

Yup. We all like to vent and complain about the smallest of things here.

But we can also provide honest reviews for the thousands of potential buyers that read this forum.

People get influenced by what they read on the internet all the time.....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has a sound there doing the same things you mentioned.

Print and Show this to your dealer and they will know what to do.

My dealer was noticeably clueless as to what to do with my issue but managed to find the root cause just fine and in less than a day.

With this info, your dealer will know exactly what to do.

The power of the internet. Use it wisely :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
People get influenced by what they read on the internet all the time.....
I wonder how many MILLIONS of people find MY internet writings *Influential* ??? 0:)

*Back On Topic* , I think I am going to buy stock in a *Felt Tape* manufacturer , because it seems like QUITE A BIT of it is going to be used in the near future !!! >:)

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update : creaks not fixed!

Unfortunately, the creaks on the ceiling of my Jag came back. Felt tape only fixed the issue temporarily. Or maybe it didn't fix it at all and it was the lowering and reinstalling of the headliner that moved things around that made the creaks go away for a short period of time.

My local Jag dealer is unable to figure out how to get rid of them. Not sure what to do next.

They lowered the headliner again, added more tape to some areas but that didn't do anything this time.

They are high pitch creaks whenever the car flexes or goes over a bump. It sounds like plastic rubbing against something.

Would y'all recommend I contact Jag USA at this point?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unfortunately, the creaks on the ceiling of my Jag came back. Felt tape only fixed the issue temporarily. Or maybe it didn't fix it at all and it was the lowering and reinstalling of the headliner that moved things around that made the creaks go away for a short period of time.

My local Jag dealer is unable to figure out how to get rid of them. Not sure what to do next.

They lowered the headliner again, added more tape to some areas but that didn't do anything this time.

They are high pitch creaks whenever the car flexes or goes over a bump. It sounds like plastic rubbing against something.

Has anyone tried a silicone lubricant. That should reduce the friction points.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone tried a silicone lubricant. That should reduce the friction points.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure that would be something to try once the source of the creaks is identified!

Right now, the dealer is clueless as to what the source is..

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Love helpful threads, such a break from all of the negative pointless ones ;) haha. Thanks!

You can say GRVR we know you mean him >:)

Reactions: theweeb and Jman97

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts

Are you sure it’s not the noise from under the front drives foot well area. That can sound like it’s coming from Luther areas because it makes the car body resonate.

DP

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
You can say GRVR , we know you mean him. >:)
Hey DP ,
I just wanted to commend you ,
on what is possibly your first post that DOESN'T require any *spelling corrections* !!!;)
I did , however , take the liberty to go ahead and add-in the appropriate comma & period !!!>:)

That being said ,
your statement lets me know that YOU did not understand Jman's post ,
since I am pretty sure *GRVR* has NEVER said anything *negative* about the F-PACE !!!:D

Also , where the heck are *Luther areas* , and what kind of sounds come from them ???0:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey DP ,
I just wanted to commend you ,
on what is possibly your first post that DOESN'T require any *spelling corrections* !!!;)
I did , however , take the liberty to go ahead and add-in the appropriate comma & period !!!>:)
GRVR reminds me of the nun who gave me “love taps” with a ruler in parochial school.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Whoooooaaaaaaa, Love taps from nuns????

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
516 Posts
Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Neither a contraction nor a possessive...>:)
Be careful , or *GR* is going to put you in *TIME-OUT* , Mister TED !!!>:):laugh:

P.S. THANKS , for looking out for me though !!!;):laugh:

Reactions: Dai Uy Ted

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you sure it’s not the noise from under the front drives foot well area. That can sound like it’s coming from Luther areas because it makes the car body resonate.

DP
I'm positive it comes from above my head at various parts of the headliner. See my video where I press the headliner and the loud creak is heard.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi
I have had two fixes (both underway at the dealership).

1st. - They are spotwelding under the steering column for the noises coming from the dash.
2nd - They did a fix for the ceiling pillar. What they did I don't know yet.

Both fixes are supposedly in place. The noises hopefully are gone as they added a crappy dimension to the overall music selection that I had. Very sad that they needed to do this on a car this expensive "outside of the factory".

Time will tell if the fix is in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What's with the space before the comma?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts