Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the week! According to my Vista order, my F-Pace is being built this week and should be finished by March 25th! I'm so exciting knowing that it is being produced NOW!

I'm going to check in with my dealer after the 25th so I can get the VIN and then get an insurance quote. Also, does anyone know how to track the transport of the car once it is complete? I did that with my Volvo from Sweden after my overseas delivery.

Reactions: bpmba

·
Registered
358 Posts
Which dealer are you working with, sethyt?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This is the week! According to my Vista order, my F-Pace is being built this week and should be finished by March 25th! I'm so exciting knowing that it is being produced NOW!

I'm going to check in with my dealer after the 25th so I can get the VIN and then get an insurance quote. Also, does anyone know how to track the transport of the car once it is complete? I did that with my Volvo from Sweden after my overseas delivery.
Sethyt, when is the last time you got an update on your Vista order from your dealer? My Vista also says March build, but my delivery date has been pushed back 5 weeks! My Vista is dated early January. I just received a current one and discovered the change in delivery date.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would be cool if they let those close to the plant get to see their car getting produced since that just adds to the whole experience making it something special.

Some car makers do that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
^^Who does that ?
I'm curious now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which dealer are you working with, sethyt?
Jaguar Bethesda in Maryland

Sethyt, when is the last time you got an update on your Vista order from your dealer? My Vista also says March build, but my delivery date has been pushed back 5 weeks! My Vista is dated early January. I just received a current one and discovered the change in delivery date.
My first Vista order from early January had the same 3/11 build dates, but the delivery date was earlier (April). My most recent Vista copy from 1/29 kept the build dates, but pushed back the delivery date (May). I'm trying not to bug my dealer, so I'm not going to ask for an updated copy until once my car has (supposedly) been completed around 3/25.

Would be cool if they let those close to the plant get to see their car getting produced since that just adds to the whole experience making it something special.

Some car makers do that.
I ordered my last Volvo through their Overseas Delivery program and picked it up in Sweden at the factory; it was an unforgettable experience! I'm really disappointed that JLR doesn't have a European delivery program like the other luxury car manufacturers. Instead, I think I'm going to swing through the UK in June to tour the Solihull plant after I get my car. I visited there a few years ago when the new (at the time) Range Rover Sports were just coming off the assembly line. I'm also going to look into the Jaguar Driving Experience; a friend of mine in the UK is also getting an F-Pace so we were going to try to do something together!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Elizabeth Hurley would you stand a little closer to my Fpace?

Some car makers do that.
Wow, I never thought about that. That would be ultra cool for those like most of here. Honestly I'm not sure that I'd be that inspired by a video of any of my past new cars I bought being filmed but the FPace seems special to me. So if there was a way that the company offered a 5 minute video of your own car being built and your personal preference of wheels getting stuck on, and checked out by finicky tea drinking British guys I'd love that! How hard could it be to film some little digital video and emailing it to you? Man that would be so cool. :)And don't forget the hot Brit girl posing next to it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got an email from my dealer saying my F-Pace will be arriving at the dealer May 6th!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got an email from my dealer saying my F-Pace will be arriving at the dealer May 6th!
Was that the original delivery date or is that an update?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was that the original delivery date or is that an update?
My first/original Vista order from 1/16/16 had a planned dealer delivery date of 4/1/16.

My updated (and most recent) Vista order from 1/29/16 (after I changed the headlining color) had a planned dealer delivery date of 4/29/16.

I also pulled some strings to get them to remove my full size spare AFTER the date of last order change. (I didn't get a new Vista print-off after that.) Perhaps that pushed my delivery slightly? Though they are probably all slightly fluid now as they are finally starting builds and getting everything figured out.

My car is scheduled to be complete at the end of next week, so I'm going to email them then to get a new copy and check all of the updated dates and get my VIN. Hopefully I'll have it in my driveway the first week of May! I will update everyone as I hear more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first/original Vista order from 1/16/16 had a planned dealer delivery date of 4/1/16.

My updated (and most recent) Vista order from 1/29/16 (after I changed the headlining color) had a planned dealer delivery date of 4/29/16.

I also pulled some strings to get them to remove my full size spare AFTER the date of last order change. (I didn't get a new Vista print-off after that.) Perhaps that pushed my delivery slightly? Though they are probably all slightly fluid now as they are finally starting builds and getting everything figured out.

My car is scheduled to be complete at the end of next week, so I'm going to email them then to get a new copy and check all of the updated dates and get my VIN. Hopefully I'll have it in my driveway the first week of May! I will update everyone as I hear more.
Wow that's awesome. My delivery isn't until end of June hoping it gets sped up

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great, Now I have to sit here and be jealous of sethyt. You'll be enjoying your new F-pace almost 2 months before me. My delivery is scheduled for the end of June too, same as Normdog. The first time I see one on the road before mine arrives I think I'll probably feel sick! Can't wait.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great, Now I have to sit here and be jealous of sethyt. You'll be enjoying your new F-pace almost 2 months before me. My delivery is scheduled for the end of June too, same as Normdog. The first time I see one on the road before mine arrives I think I'll probably feel sick! Can't wait.
I'll post lots of pictures and tell you all the good things AND bad things. You can learn from my mistakes! :nerd:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'll be looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be a couple of bad things but for how I choose willful ignorance!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Wow, I never thought about that. That would be ultra cool for those like most of here. Honestly I'm not sure that I'd be that inspired by a video of any of my past new cars I bought being filmed but the FPace seems special to me. So if there was a way that the company offered a 5 minute video of your own car being built and your personal preference of wheels getting stuck on, and checked out by finicky tea drinking British guys I'd love that! How hard could it be to film some little digital video and emailing it to you? Man that would be so cool. :)And don't forget the hot Brit girl posing next to it....
I believe you can do that if you order a brand new Corvette. You can arrange to go to the factory in Tennessee.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe you can do that if you order a brand new Corvette. You can arrange to go to the factory in Tennessee.
Corvettes are built in Kentucky. You are thinking whiskey. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our cars will likely be crossing the Atlantic together. 6/22.

Reactions: sethyt

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
That is correct but the factory is in Bowling Green Kentucky. They run tours every day and yes if your timing is right you can see yours being built.

If you pay extra $ you can go to the factory and build your engine along side of the factory people. This applies only to the C7 Z06.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is official! My car was completed on 3/19 and I now have a VIN! My dealer sent me the updated Vista order yesterday.

The delivery of the car is still unclear. The "Planned Dealer Delivery Date" on my Vista says 4/15, but the "Customer Handover Date" is blank. Last week my dealer said early May, now they said June. Maybe JLR is holding them to release the first ones to customers all at a certain time once they have more built?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That would not be fair to those who ordered in 2015.

I put my order in Jan, but in the forum i have seen folks ordered a lot earlier than me.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts