Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90% of the time there's just me driving and maybe one in 20 times there's 2 of us. So...., I've started keeping the back seats folded down all of the time. The stereo sounds a little better, more exhaust note makes it up to my ears and the rear visibility is improved. Any one else try this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah I use the utility aspect a lot, hauling vegetables and produce from farm to table, did get mat to cover back and plastic to cover back of back seats. I used to put it back when done but removed the back cover piece and just leave it down now.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
90% of the time there's just me driving and maybe one in 20 times there's 2 of us. So...., I've started keeping the back seats folded down all of the time. The stereo sounds a little better, more exhaust note makes it up to my ears and the rear visibility is improved. Any one else try this?
I have heard some people on here say that the *Seatbelt Buckle* may leave an *Indention* in the Seat Leather , when the seats are in the down position !
So you may want to place a towel or something between there , to keep that from happening ! :)

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have heard some people on here say that the *Seatbelt Buckle* may leave an *Indention* in the Seat Leather , when the seats are in the down position !
So you may want to place a towel or something between there , to keep that from happening ! :)
Ditto for me, only me usually, and ran with the seats down until this little issue came up, so now seats up all the time unless I need the cargo room. Plus, no storage for the package shelf/cover, it would bounce around when down. I know, bungee cords , , ,

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I don't know why Jaguar didn't open up the slot so that the buckles could fold down into the seats and lay flush. I noticed this as well and always keep the rear seats in the upright position.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for seatbuckle tip! Just checked and on the left side the seatbelt strap shields it pretty well on the right side not so well so put the towel.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I know, bungee cords , , ,
Boy O' Boy , have you hit on a freakin' nerve here , theweeb !!!

I cannot believe , that in this day and age , a vehicle that costs $50K , does NOT come with at least TWO "Bungee Cords" as a *Standard Feature* !!! I mean , I could actually understand them not being available on an $18K vehicle , but on a vehicle that cost $50K , good grief give me a break !!! It's not like I'm asking for a set of Ratchet Tie-Down Straps , just a couple of freakin' Bungee Cords , for crying out loud !!!
I think Jaguar should be ashamed of themselves , don't you ???
Oh' well , THANKS for letting me vent !!! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Boy O' Boy , have you hit on a freakin' nerve here , theweeb !!!

I cannot believe , that in this day and age , a vehicle that costs $50K , does NOT come with at least TWO "Bungee Cords" as a *Standard Feature* !!! I mean , I could actually understand them not being available on an $18K vehicle , but on a vehicle that cost $50K , good grief give me a break !!! It's not like I'm asking for a set of Ratchet Tie-Down Straps , just a couple of freakin' Bungee Cords , for crying out loud !!!
I think Jaguar should be ashamed of themselves , don't you ???
Oh' well , THANKS for letting me vent !!! ;)
Touche

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here is an illustration of this Jaguar Fpace design flaw.

I wonder if the seat buckle eventually rips a hole through the leather, will Jag fix it under warranty?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Here is an illustration of this Jaguar Fpace design flaw.

I wonder if the seat buckle eventually rips a hole through the leather, will Jag fix it under warranty?
OUCH !!! That looks NASTY !!! :(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
@JagFPace1 , especially troubling, considering most would only fold the seats down to haul stuff, stuff that might be heavy, and thus put more pressure on the problem area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the heads up GR! Towel will definitely be going down. I'm shocked at this poor design....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Thanks for the heads up GR! Towel will definitely be going down. I'm shocked at this poor design....
Not sure that a towel will be sufficient to prevent the buckles from deforming the leather. I'd leave them up as much as possible or look at something stiffer to put between the seat and buckles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts