Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to disable the alarm when I have the hitch bike rack on? When reversing I see a speaker mute on the ICTP display but it just reduces the volume of the alert. I don’t want to permanently disable it because most of the driving is without the rack but the alarm is annoying each time I put it in reverse.

I can‘t find anything on the forums or anything more in the owners manual.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And as soon as I posted this a couple of older posts showed up, not sure why the forum search didn’t work for me but the short answer in 2018 was no way to disable this. This seems true for the latest ICTP updates as well

·
Registered
30 Posts
All I’ve been able to find is the speaker button with the X on it that lowers it to minimum volume, but as you said, doesn’t turn it completely off. You can turn it up/down (but not off) with the volume knob as well while it’s beeping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Linden. This could be changed with an ICTP update, I’m going to put in a request in hope. The OTA update arrived for me yesterday to 20B without any prompting so it is still being developed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Previous vehicles I’ve owned (Nissan Titan and JGC) had buttons to disable the reverse sensors when towing a trailer or having a hitch mounted accessory attached, so I don’t see it being an issue if they chose to allow it to be turned off temporarily. Both of those vehicles did re-enable it each time the ignition was turned off.

I think the factory tow package (mine is an aftermarket Curt hitch) does something to disable the sensors and adds a button for an additional hitch view for the camera when towing (trailer icon), so it seems the function may already be there, it just needs to be enabled for aftermarket hitch installations.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My old JGC had that button as well, really handy. I do have the factory tow package but can’t see that disable sensor switch. The manual does talk about the sensors being disabled when something is being towed and plugged into the electric, but of course just a hitch based bike mount doesn’t have anything to plug in.

For the ICTP it reads that you may be able to adjust the alarm volume with the volume control and then reduce the volume further with that speaker button with the X through it. That sounds promising.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts