Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all F-Pacers

I picked my F-pace 35t last weekend in Toronto. Really enjoyed the driving every moment.
Taking care of my new ride, any "MUST DO" to apply? (eg. tint window, rust protection....)
I am thinking to tint the front side windows to reduce UV & heat, good for the leather seats, too.
Also, undercoating/ rust proof for Toronto's salty road during winter time?

Anything else? Necessary?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Ceramic pro and a PPF. My car would look terrible without ceramic pro, and it already has some minor scratches and chips so I could imagine what it would look like without ceramic pro. I didn't have the budget to get a PPF along with ceramic pro so it was one or the other and I chose ceramic pro because it covered the entire vehicle. For the same price the PPF would only cover certain parts of the car. One of these two is essential I think.

Make sure you post some pics of your ride! I love gawking at other F-paces ;)

Reactions: JocDoc and bpmba

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ceramic pro and a PPF. My car would look terrible without ceramic pro, and it already has some minor scratches and chips so I could imagine what it would look like without ceramic pro. I didn't have the budget to get a PPF along with ceramic pro so it was one or the other and I chose ceramic pro because it covered the entire vehicle. For the same price the PPF would only cover certain parts of the car. One of these two is essential I think.

Make sure you post some pics of your ride! I love gawking at other F-paces ;)
How much Ceramic pro cost you to cover the whole F-pace? Thanks

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would also recommend Splash guards...with the slop they throw on the roads up there in the winter..the Splash Guard will help deflect some of that slop from splashing up on the side of the car, along with rogue stones and sand grit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would also recommend Splash guards...with the slop they throw on the roads up there in the winter..the Splash Guard will help deflect some of that slop from splashing up on the side of the car, along with rogue stones and sand grit.
Good point, I thought F-pace come with it....
Sure I will get one especially for winter/snow driving.
(BUT, it does looks ugly:crying:)

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Tint all the windows. All of them. Front, rear, windshield, sunroof....

If you have to choose between a ceramic coating and paint protection film, get the film. Yes, the cost to do the same amount of surface area isn't equal, but all the ceramic coating is is a slightly harder wax. You can put that crap on yourself. What you can't do yourself is keep re-painting your front bumper and hood from the rock chips. Unless you own a body shop...then have fun.

Get a weathertech mat for the trunk.

And for the love of everything good, deflate those tires from whatever the dealer most likely wrongly set them to to something more comfortable like 34lbs.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
For all painted surfaces, wheels and glass it was $1500 US dollars. For the 3 layers of 9H on all painted surfaces of the car you would not even come close to half of the coverage for the same price with a PPF. I was quoted as only getting a full hood, full front bumper and area right behind the front wheel wells... that is it.

If you can swing it I would get a PPF on high impact areas of the car (front bumper, hood and areas right behind wheel wells) and a ceramic coating on the entire car. If you can't it really is up to you on what you want to sacrifice. Do you want full car coverage with ceramic pro but still risk minor chips from road debris, or do you want a PPF to cover 25% of the car and risk swirl marks, scratches, UV damage etc. on the uncovered parts of the car. When it was put to me like that I chose full car coverage and I would deal with the minor chips that I accumulate over the years. And after a very brine, salty winter with lots of little rocks I only have minor chips, and you can't see them unless you are up close washing the car.

And from the information I have JWreck is dead wrong about ceramic pro being "a glorified wax"

This is from my detail shop concerning ceramic pro:

*Ceramic Pro*
Over time, wax will break down and require more coatings (about every 3 months). Ceramic Pro is not a paint protection, wax or sealant that will wash away or break down over time. Scientifically speaking, it is a nano-ceramic coating that forms a permanent adhesion to the paint and can only be removed through abrasion – NO chemical can dissolve the coating.

The strength of Ceramic Pro is rated at “9H” according to the pencil test. This test is used in the coating industry to determine a mineral’s hardness, and 9H is the highest on the scale. The coat will stay hard for a lifetime if maintained correctly. This permanent adhesion protects against scratches, UV rays, corrosion, heat, and more – not to mention the extreme gloss that Ceramic Pro provides! Ceramic Pro also comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, because it’s that good.

In addition to the lifetime warranty, Ceramic Pro is also available in 2 and 5 year warranties.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
For all painted surfaces, wheels and glass it was $1500 US dollars. For the 3 layers of 9H on all painted surfaces of the car you would not even come close to half of the coverage for the same price with a PPF. I was quoted as only getting a full hood, full front bumper and area right behind the front wheel wells... that is it.

If you can swing it I would get a PPF on high impact areas of the car (front bumper, hood and areas right behind wheel wells) and a ceramic coating on the entire car. If you can't it really is up to you on what you want to sacrifice. Do you want full car coverage with ceramic pro but still risk minor chips from road debris, or do you want a PPF to cover 25% of the car and risk swirl marks, scratches, UV damage etc. on the uncovered parts of the car. When it was put to me like that I chose full car coverage and I would deal with the minor chips that I accumulate over the years. And after a very brine, salty winter with lots of little rocks I only have minor chips, and you can't see them unless you are up close washing the car.

And from the information I have JWreck is dead wrong about ceramic pro being "a glorified wax"

This is from my detail shop concerning ceramic pro:

*Ceramic Pro*
Over time, wax will break down and require more coatings (about every 3 months). Ceramic Pro is not a paint protection, wax or sealant that will wash away or break down over time. Scientifically speaking, it is a nano-ceramic coating that forms a permanent adhesion to the paint and can only be removed through abrasion – NO chemical can dissolve the coating.

The strength of Ceramic Pro is rated at “9H” according to the pencil test. This test is used in the coating industry to determine a mineral’s hardness, and 9H is the highest on the scale. The coat will stay hard for a lifetime if maintained correctly. This permanent adhesion protects against scratches, UV rays, corrosion, heat, and more – not to mention the extreme gloss that Ceramic Pro provides! Ceramic Pro also comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY, because it’s that good.

In addition to the lifetime warranty, Ceramic Pro is also available in 2 and 5 year warranties.
The great thing is that since ceramic coatings ARE NOT immune to swirls and scratches, they're very difficult to remove. On normal clear coat, I can pull out swirls in just a few hours in the whole car.

You will still see swirls eventually, then you'll be stuck with them until you want to remove and reapply the coating (mire $).

Go ahead though, slap on that semi permanent, still-scratch-and-swirl-prone coating. You'll look at the front of your car (if you drive it regularly) and wished you weren't paying $3k to respray the hood and front bumper.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The great thing is that since ceramic coatings ARE NOT immune to swirls and scratches, they're very difficult to remove. On normal clear coat, I can pull out swirls in just a few hours in the whole car.

You will still see swirls eventually, then you'll be stuck with them until you want to remove and reapply the coating (mire $).

Go ahead though, slap on that semi permanent, still-scratch-and-swirl-prone coating. You'll look at the front of your car (if you drive it regularly) and wished you weren't paying $3k to respray the hood and front bumper.
Ceramic coatings from what I was told are unable to get swirl marks, swirl marks and any other minor scratches occur on the surface of the coating and are able to be buffed out, and thats held true so far. All parts of my F-pace besides the lower front bumper that has a few chips in it looks brand new. The Ultimate black paint still sparkles as if it was fresh off of the showroom, after a terrible winter here in PA I would reckon to say that most of my car would look terrible if I had only the front portion of the car covered with a PPF.

But like I said, if you can financially swing it I would of gotten both.

·
Registered
159 Posts
mm paint protection, clear film in the front to protect against chips, dips, rock, etc. coating the car will make cleaning easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
VelocityAP tune.

Reactions: P.J.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Invest in a small Micro-Fiber Towel and keep it tucked away in a safe spot , so that you can constantly wipe off the ICT/ICTP Screen , the Instrument Panel , and the High Gloss Black Trim Pieces , on a regular basis !!!:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Invest in a small Micro-Fiber Towel and keep it tucked away in a safe spot , so that you can constantly wipe off the ICT/ICTP Screen , the Instrument Panel , and the High Gloss Black Trim Pieces , on a regular basis !!!:D
I use the net on the back of the driver seat to keep my micro-fiber towel so it's easily accessible for exactly all those tasks.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I use the net on the back of the driver seat to keep my micro-fiber towel so it's easily accessible for exactly all those tasks.
Driver's door cubby for me, any traffic light of any duration and I am wiping stuff down. Saves the big clean if continuously maintained.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Driver's door cubby for me, any traffic light of any duration and I am wiping stuff down. Saves the big clean if continuously maintained.
We keep ours in the Center Console ! But then of course , nothing else fits in there !!!>:)
It is amazing how that little cloth removes all the smudges and dust . . . . almost like *MAGIC* !!!:D

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
How much Ceramic pro cost you to cover the whole F-pace? Thanks
Prices vary among dealers and between the US and Canada, so it is difficult to nail down. Plus, there are several types of PPF and coatings. But ballpark? See my signature below. $3,900 U.S. for Suntek PPF and Ceramic Pro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts