Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my new F pace 2.o petrol is doing 22 to the gallon . Recommendations 28 around town. It does shift but I have been driving it very steady being new. Can any one advice on this. My latter car was a ml 3.0 and it did more. Not sure what is wrong.wrong

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
How big or what was your "latter car". by 3.0 I think you are saying it was a V6 or a 3 liter 4 cyclinder. Also were they both Petrol (Gas) cars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ml suv v6 3Litre twin turbo diesel. 06 plate 97000 miles part exchanged at sidcup just before the lockdowj

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I think part of you problem is that your comparing apples to oranges. Diesel vs Petrol (Gas) is not going to be the same. A V6 Diesel maybe sized very well for the SUV you had, vs a turbo Petrol 4 Cylinder that is probably a tiny bit undersized for the F-Pace (in my opinion) are going to get very different gas mileage. I wouldn't expect the 4 Cyclinder to do as well as the 6 cylinder Diesel to be honest. Size and weight of the SUVs will also have a big impact. Being from the US I'm not following what you mean by MI SUV. What brand is that and how heavy is it in lbs? The F-Pace is 4200, a relatively light SUV, but again I don't know what I'm comparing that to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for the reply. My Mercedes was a ML 3 tons in weight. My fpace 250 bhp is quoted in the specifications of doing 28 mph uk town driving. I was staggered my old much heavier and larger engine was better albeit a desil. Just cant understand what I am doing wrong or there is a problem with the car especially as I am driving like miss daisy respecting the running in.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Well I don't have the details on the 4cyclinders mileage in UK terms. I guess my question for you is are you saying you are getting substantially worse mileage than what was advertised by Jag? If so, I'd take it to a dealer (after lockdown clears) and get them to look at it. However, 22mpg doesn't sound outlandish to me for the 4Cyc Petrol engine. The mileage I got on my P380 First Edition was about 19 to 21 or so combined. You are saying you are gettin 22 mph but at 28 miles per hour average which I think is quite a bit less than what my average was for those mileage figures for the V6 P380. Maybe one of the US 4 Cylinder owners can chime in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts