Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've formatted a 16 gig USB stick to FAT32 format with the 4096 allocation size. Then loaded it with 90 test songs, mostly MP3s, but a couple MP4 files, too. I put the USB stick into the USB drive, and...nothing. The ICTP system says there is no media to play, or something to that affect. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Assuming the same limitations as the Meridian system in my F-Type, you need to keep the bit rate down (192k).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made sure all the songs were under 192k, but alas, it still does not recognize anything.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've formatted a 16 gig USB stick to FAT32 format with the 4096 allocation size. Then loaded it with 90 test songs, mostly MP3s, but a couple MP4 files, too. I put the USB stick into the USB drive, and...nothing. The ICTP system says there is no media to play, or something to that affect. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Don't know what issue is causing this as I can play mp3's at sample rates from 192 through 320 khz. over the console USB. I use a Samsung 128 Gig thumb-drive formatted with FAT32 and an 8k block size loaded with 12,000=/- tunes. I haven't tried 4K blocks, but I'ld wager you have another issue than block size.

Have you received "Update 2.5"?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the same issue which was resolved with the ICTP update. Since the update, I can pretty much play any format at the above settings. Fat32 / 4096.
It sounds like you are on the old software.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Why are people having trouble? I'm not an audiophile. I don't know anything about bit rates. All I did was buy a USB stick from Office Depot and bring it home. I plugged the thing into my home computer and downloaded 199 songs onto it. Then I plugged the thing into my F-Pace, poked at the center ICTP screen trying to figure it all out, and suddenly all 199 songs showed up on my F-Pace's SSD. I could play the songs from the stick or unplug the stick and play music from the SSD. Why does the stick have to be formatted? I just took it out of the package and plugged it in. I didn't know I was supposed to format anything for it to go into the F-Pace.

I don't understand why people are having trouble. I know nothing about audio tech and I got it to work in less than five minutes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why are people having trouble? I'm not an audiophile. I don't know anything about bit rates. All I did was buy a USB stick from Office Depot and bring it home. I plugged the thing into my home computer and downloaded 199 songs onto it. Then I plugged the thing into my F-Pace, poked at the center ICTP screen trying to figure it all out, and suddenly all 199 songs showed up on my F-Pace's SSD. I could play the songs from the stick or unplug the stick and play music from the SSD. Why does the stick have to be formatted? I just took it out of the package and plugged it in. I didn't know I was supposed to format anything for it to go into the F-Pace.

I don't understand why people are having trouble. I know nothing about audio tech and I got it to work in less than five minutes.
I'm sure you just fixed everyone's problem with mp3's, just go to office depot buy a usb stick and it will work fine.:|

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Seriously, USB's come formatted. It might be that the USB he is using is a 3.0 type or maybe it is not formatted properly. Sometimes not being a techie is a good thing.

·
Registered
245 Posts

They don't all come formatted correctly, music can ripped in many formats which the car cant play no matter how tech simple you are, 199 songs is not a music collection, transferring ripped songs double rips them causing a loss of quality when played from the onboard drive, it takes more than 5 minutes just to take the elevator down to the garage for some people, some people cant play anything no matter what they do and neither can the techs in the dealership due to the car needing an update, some people cant play anything no matter what they do and neither can the techs in the dealership after updating, your lack of having an issue in this matter or any other has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else having an issue or not having an issue, audiophile means interested or enthusiastic about sound reproduction and does not refer to skill level in making an infotainment system playback music from a drive.

Any other questions?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
They don't all come formatted correctly, music can ripped in many formats which the car cant play no matter how tech simple you are, 199 songs is not a music collection, transferring ripped songs double rips them causing a loss of quality when played from the onboard drive, it takes more than 5 minutes just to take the elevator down to the garage for some people, some people cant play anything no matter what they do and neither can the techs in the dealership due to the car needing an update, some people cant play anything no matter what they do and neither can the techs in the dealership after updating, your lack of having an issue in this matter or any other has absolutely nothing to do with anyone else having an issue or not having an issue, audiophile means interested or enthusiastic about sound reproduction and does not refer to skill level in making an infotainment system playback music from a drive.

Any other questions?
WOW, I guess he told you:)
Don't mess with techies.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Read through this thread. There might be some help here for you.

Formatting USB
Thanks, Mike. I read that thread before loading the USB, and followed the instructions and it didn't work. I suspect NVDESERTRAT is right, I probably don't have the 2.5 update, although the dealer tells me I did. And it IS a 3.0 USB drive I'm using. Is that a problem? I thought it would be good, because 3.0 USB's are what are used for map updates, etc. Thanks for the constructive input.

Assuming the same limitations as the Meridian system in my F-Type, you need to keep the bit rate down (192k).
I made sure all the songs I selected were 192k or less, but interestingly, the manual says keep the bit rate ABOVE 192k. So I no longer think that is the issue, but thank you for your constructive input.

Any other questions?
this is great input. But I don't understand the double ripping thing. If the ICTP system can play FLAC files (lossless), shouldn't it be able to make a "perfect" digital copy of whatever it is recording (digitally)? You sound like you know this stuff very well, so I'd appreciate more input about this. Thank you for your constructive input.

Thanks for your entertaining input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts