Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Learn something new every day! Thanks all.

That c with slash symptom looks suspiciously like bad telematics unit.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Learn something new every day! Thanks all.

That c with slash symptom looks suspiciously like bad telematics unit.
I think that's a G with slash, like it tried to ramp down to GPRS? Either way, get the telematics unit checked.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you activate the SIM on google fi before trying to use it? And changed Auto Select Network to 'Off', with h2g2 as network? This is what I did (from post #36 of this thread) and it works for me (2018 ICTP) - shows 4G. My SIM was also a bit finicky - so maybe double check it is seated correctly as well?
I'm having the same issue as crimanyfpace, getting a sim not supported message using a Project Fi data sim card and a nano to micro adapter with the not supported message preventing me from accessing the network settings.
Follow up on the Google Fi issue I was having (SIM Not Supported). I did order a new one from Google and installed it and it worked. Then I had to go through an incredibly painful process of setting the APN from the FreedomPop one I had installed to google's h2g2 one; which took many many MANY tries (over the course of a few days) to get the APN to actually update. Dang thing kept reverting back tot he FreedomPop one everytime the car was shut off.

Anyhow, it finally stuck; and now I have 4G access, via Google Fi, on the car. Happy camper! If you have Google Fi, I highly suggest this route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the same issue with my sim card this morning, trying to activate my connectivity it keep giving me that slashed G. it says reading sim card and then just go back to deactivating my connectivity. tried removing the sim card and putting back still same issue. any ideas what could be the problem. it used to work fine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have the same issue with my sim card this morning, trying to activate my connectivity it keep giving me that slashed G. it says reading sim card and then just go back to deactivating my connectivity. tried removing the sim card and putting back still same issue. any ideas what could be the problem. it used to work fine.
Did it start working again? Sometimes it's either AT&T or even JLR and not your unit. Sometimes you have to wait it out for a bit and everything is good again. Just wondering how you made out?

·
Registered
51 Posts
After 4 weeks at the dealer due to total failure of ICTP - locked CD player, no NAV, no Media player, unable to ever connect to iPhone, they finally replaced my IMC Module (a $3500 part they had in stock) BUT they didn’t want to install the Phase 4 18B update reasoning they wanted to see if the module solved issues. Well it did so far but now I cannot connect to the Internet and receiving this error message. And ICTP doesn’t accept my log-in. JLRNA wanted dealer to run the gamut of fixes before they would authorize IMC replacement which SA and I knew all along was needed. Jaguar Customer Service didn’t return my phone calls today to help with InControl log-in. Basically pretty shitty customer service

·
Registered
98 Posts
Reviving this thread.

I’m having some telematics connectivity issues since the 18C update. Getting the G with a slash. Seems that I have good connectivity when I first start the car. If I run into an ATT dead spot I get the G with a slash (as expected). But when I drive back to an area with solid connectivity, the Telematics unit never locks onto the signal. ICTP says reading SIM. If I toggle the ATT connectivity off and on using the settings menu in ICTP the telematics then locks on to the new signal (restart works as well). Had this issue in one of the early 17 updates but seemed to have been cured in the 17C or 18B update.

Anyone having similar issues?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are you signed in to your account (Live) on the ICTP? Same happened to me and I noticed that the ICTP showed the "Hello Bob" (my name on account) but after it, it said to sign in. I thought I was signed in but obviously I wasn't and that was happening to me with the slash G. Signed in and it's been fine since (knocking on wood!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the response. I’m signed into Live. I’m trying to figure if it is an ATT issue, a SIM issue or a Telematics issue. After I lose s signal for a period of time the ICTP gets stuck on reading the SIM.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay - spent some time talking with ATT and whether they are blowing smoke up my tail pipe or not, it actually makes sense. Evidently some of the towers in the rural US are older types and they don’t necessarily work well with different communications equipment or other towers for that fact. Said differently, if you go from a new tower to a cell dead spot, and then to an older tower some of the older towers require a push signal. IPhones have this built-in based on some metric that causes a push signal, evidently the ICTP does not have something similar (or at least not working in my version of 18C) - so the manual cycling I’ve been doing - is what the iphone software does automatically. What is so strange is there is one area in VT that I continue to have this problem. Maybe it is the telematics unit/maybe not - but the issue seems isolated to one geographic location at the moment. The guy I was speaking with could follow the signal and what towers I was hitting based on my IMEI # - interesting and a little creepy.

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
39 Posts
I was trying to isolate similar issues on my '17 FE, an agent on JLR NA call-center helped me to update my own Rogers SIM number (Canadian - using similar freq and bands as ATT) onto their InControl system. It helped not having my mobile signal tripping in & out. Perhaps my car's software can only run upto 3G but not 4G or LTE (which Rogers has). I just did not want the mobile connectivity come on and off which makes me sign back into my Jaguar account when i am driving.

If someone has ever renewed their InControl subscription or Jaguar.here subscription, please let us know what features each subscription offers? In Canada, I renew the InControl premium for CAD$250 and only mobile remote start, journey, locate my car work but NOT the connected features such as Live Traffic, fuel prices, more details when I search for a restaurant or business with www links, etc.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Reviving this thread.

I’m having some telematics connectivity issues since the 18C update. Getting the G with a slash. Seems that I have good connectivity when I first start the car. If I run into an ATT dead spot I get the G with a slash (as expected). But when I drive back to an area with solid connectivity, the Telematics unit never locks onto the signal. ICTP says reading SIM. If I toggle the ATT connectivity off and on using the settings menu in ICTP the telematics then locks on to the new signal (restart works as well). Had this issue in one of the early 17 updates but seemed to have been cured in the 17C or 18B update.

Anyone having similar issues?
That sounds suspiciously like the ancient bad telematics unit issue.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts