Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read that there is a Mobil 1 oil that now meets the STJLR standard. That will give an alternative to Castrol (especially for those who want to change more frequently than the standard service schedule).

http://www.mobil1.co.uk/synthetic-en...-x2-0w-20.aspx

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Any word on any American available Diesel oil alternates, other than the dealer?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for posting the Fuchs Titan alternative. I purchased 15 liters of the Castrol and have used about half for my first mid cycle oil change. So it will be another year before I use the second half. But the Fuchs Titan is readily available (also available through RMEuropean).

It seems there are now starting to be a few more 0W-20 alternatives to the exotic Castrol Edge Professional that are now available in the US and that do meet STJLR.51.5122:

BMW 4-Series F32/F33 (2014 - 2016) - Accessories and Fluids - Page 1

https://www.fuchs.com/uk/en/special/product/product/titan-gt1-evo-sae-0w-20-3/

I don't think those are appropriate to diesel, though, which is supposed to be a 0W-30 to a different spec (STJLR.03.5007):

Engine oil for 2.0l Diesel - Jaguar F-Pace Forums

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks for posting the Fuchs Titan alternative. I purchased 15 liters of the Castrol and have used about half for my first mid cycle oil change. So it will be another year before I use the second half. But the Fuchs Titan is readily available (also available through RMEuropean).
Where are you located?
What engine do you have in your FP?
Would you please consider updating your profile, so we will all know this info in the future. TIA, it helps a lot in answering queries:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I updated my profile.

I live near New Orleans, LA. I have the 3.0 Liter gas.

Where are you located?
What engine do you have in your FP?
Would you please consider updating your profile, so we will all know this info in the future. TIA, it helps a lot in answering queries:)

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I updated my profile.

I live near New Orleans, LA. I have the 3.0 Liter gas.
Thanks for the info regarding the Fuchs Titan. I assume that RMEuropean is either a US supplier, or will ship to the U.S.
I will need to watch and see if Fuchs releases an approved oil for us diesel owners.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I just read that there is a Mobil 1 oil that now meets the STJLR standard. That will give an alternative to Castrol (especially for those who want to change more frequently than the standard service schedule).

http://www.mobil1.co.uk/synthetic-en...-x2-0w-20.aspx

Myself..I'll stick with the Approved Castrol Edge Pro OE and just go by the dealer for it, since it is reasonably priced as Pepboys' regular Castrol Edge is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes RMEuropean is a US Supplier based out of Colorado. They include free shipping over $65. I have used them for many years for various parts and maintenance supplies on my Saabs.

Thanks for the info regarding the Fuchs Titan. I assume that RMEuropean is either a US supplier, or will ship to the U.S.
I will need to watch and see if Fuchs releases an approved oil for us diesel owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts