Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else got well past the 10k mile mark without a service reminder?
I just took my car in today to try to get all the issues on ICTP sorted (I'm on 2.5, but still many issues). Anyway, when I was about to make the appointment I noticed I was 500 miles over the 10k mark but had never got a service due reminder in the car. Apparently it's supposed to prompt you at 10k miles or 1 year, whichever is first!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Anyone else got well past the 10k mile mark without a service reminder?
I just took my car in today to try to get all the issues on ICTP sorted (I'm on 2.5, but still many issues). Anyway, when I was about to make the appointment I noticed I was 500 miles over the 10k mark but had never got a service due reminder in the car. Apparently it's supposed to prompt you at 10k miles or 1 year, whichever is first!
The Jaguar *FREE Maintenance Plan* for the U.S. , says *Every 16,000 miles or 1-year* , not just 10K miles !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Jaguar *FREE Maintenance Plan* for the U.S. , says *Every 16,000 miles or 1-year* , not just 10K miles !
Where did you see the 16k? My manual says 10k and dealer when I took it in said it was due at 10ku. As it's free, I wouldn't be surprised if they stretched it out. When I had my Audi, I had services included with the lease. The interval for those included services was longer than what they recommended when I initially wasn't going to get them included.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Where did you see the 16k? My manual says 10k and dealer when I took it in said it was due at 10ku. As it's free, I wouldn't be surprised if they stretched it out. When I had my Audi, I had services included with the lease. The interval for those included services was longer than what they recommended when I initially wasn't going to get them included.
If you are not in the U.S. , then that could be the difference ! It has been discussed on here in many different threads , but even my brochure on page #99 under Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance states "A Service interval indicator will appear every 16,000 miles or every 12 months , to remind you to take advantage of your complimentary maintenance" !
The only other difference I can think of , is if you have a *Diesel* , and that Service Interval may be different ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine came on with 1900miles left before maintenance was needed. Would just pop up for a short time when car was turned on. Had it done by my dealership just shy of 15k miles with no issue

Car has about 17k miles on it. Its my DD to and from work (35 miles each way) and love driving it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I've noticed on my XF at start-up, that the Service Reminder begins popping up about a month before the yearly due date (I don't do as many miles/year, as it isn't my daily driver) and the closer it gets to the due time, it pops up and stays on longer...Don't know if the F-Pace does the same thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2.0d service interval is 10K or yearly. No signature on the original post, so not sure whether this applies to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts