Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I took delivery of my 2022 SVR September 2nd and it was missing a lip spoiler. The dealership didn’t even notice until I pointed it out to them. The car was there only for a few days before I came in and grabbed it, so in a way I understand that the main guys there, wouldn’t have noticed the missing part. Right now I am waiting for the spoiler as well as the second key fob to arrive from UK. The dealership promised to make it right and I know they will, but the most annoying thing is that there’s no expected delivery date in sight and when my guys check in on this, they are getting a “back ordered” response. By chance, on the way to visit friends, I’ve stopped by a different dealership in NJ and they had 2 SVRs on the lot also without the lip spoiler. I mean, the key fob I understand but a spoiler that is made out of plastic, not really. What gives? Plastic spoilers are a hot commodity all of a sudden? It’s November now and I’m still waiting... for both.
Does anyone else have a similar situation?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I didn’t even notice that these were supposed to have a lip spoiler. When I received my 2021, I noticed some adhesive and small bits of foam on the edge of the rear roof, but thought nothing of it and got it off with some goo gone. I had no idea there was supposed to be a spoiler there. It’s not something that I particularly care about on my car, but I hope your dealer makes it right and you get yours soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You're talking about the little 2" wide extension on the trailing edge of the regular F-Pace rear spoiler? With so many 2022 missing it, I wonder if they got rid of it on purpose.

Reactions: bobfpacebob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes, that’s exactly it. According to my dealership it was omitted due to unavailability at the time of built and so the car was shipped without it so as not to delay delivery. They ordered it for me but have no ETA at this time. Same goes for the key fob. They just received two 2023 SVRs and one is missing the spoiler and the other one has it, so at this point I‘ll just wait. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, I didn’t even notice that these were supposed to have a lip spoiler. When I received my 2021, I noticed some adhesive and small bits on the edge of the rear roof, but thought nothing of it and got it off with some goo gone. I had no idea there was supposed to be a spoiler there. It’s not something that I particularly care about on my car, but I hope your dealer makes it right and you get yours soon.
Thanks for the response. You don’t want to bring this up with the dealer or Jaguar.? Your car is supposed to have that spoiler, period. SVRs are special and should look different, but that just me. I mean, I noticed the missing spoiler right away just because the rear looked different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the response. You don’t want to bring this up with the dealer or Jaguar.? Your car is supposed to have that spoiler, period. SVRs are special and should look different, but that just me. I mean, I noticed the missing spoiler right away just because the rear looked different.
No, after seeing what is looks like, it’s more of a “meh” to me in that I can take it or leave it.

can i see what it looks like without it - think it looks too tacked on and would be better without
I’ll try to get a picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
224 Posts
can i see what it looks like without it - think it looks too tacked on and would be better without
Just look at any regular F-Pace, they have the rear spoiler without any add-on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2022 SVR no lip spoiler
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

2020 SVR with the spoiler
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Update: The spoiler and the key fob are still on back order, but my dealer friend was able to get an ETA this time around. I don’t know if I want to post that. It’s embarrassing, so you, my fellow SVR owners, will just have to guess. Now luckily the spoiler is not a safety issue, and neither is the extra keyfob. Having said that, I originally thought that not having the 2nd key fob is only a minor annoyance, but now I realize that I have to be extra vigilant to make sure that nothing happens to the one that I do have or this car will be completely stranded. I heard a story that someone in the same situation as me had his key mistakenly taken (key fob was in a bundle with house keys) by his wife and the guy couldn’t leave the house for 2 days. I laughed it off but then saw this- Click on complaints once the page opens, then Components: Unknown or Other. Dated 11/5/2022. 2022 JAGUAR F- PACE SUV AWD | NHTSA
So I guess this is not funny at all and I don’t blame this guy for creating a complaint. This is not right, but it is not the dealers fault at all. This all falls on JLR and if some of you read the complaint, the least that Jag USA could have done is responded to the guys email. Will update once more when everything is taken care of or there are other developments and that will be in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts