Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now at ~ 1500 miles, have had a very minor rattle in the dash on rough roads.

Today, per chance have identified the source. It comes from the bottom of the dash in the center.

If you have a similar rattle try this:

put your hand, palm up, into the little cubby space in front of the gear selector; Lift your fingers - you should feel a small panel above your fingers; this turned out to be the culprit - it actually feels loose.

Will have it seen to at the next visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info! Do you have a video or sound recording?

No, sorry, I don't have a recording. However:-

if this is a source of a rattle in your car, you will know it when you feel it with your fingers; in my case, I can actually jiggle the little panel up and down ever so slightly and reproduce the sound even when the car is stationary.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have noticed a slight rattle coming from the dash and console area - will check this out next time in the car!

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I have noticed a slight rattle coming from the dash and console area - will check this out next time in the car!
There is another rattle location I just had fixed. The plastic panel on underside of upper part of dash above instrument cluster would rattle on rough surfaces. You can check for this rattle by pinching the upper and lower sides of the upper dash.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
There is another rattle location I just had fixed. The plastic panel on underside of upper part of dash above instrument cluster would rattle on rough surfaces. You can check for this rattle by pinching the upper and lower sides of the upper dash.
This is what we had initially. Now the dealership is having their shop foreman track down a very similar rattle again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My rattle sounds like it is coming from the touch screen area all the way through the cup holders...something along there. Don't have any rattles in the dash or by the steering wheel. But I did see that thread and will keep that in mind when the car goes in. Definitely needs the ICTPro update (mine is very buggy lately), some TSBs done for my VIN and service done so will get that rattle taken care of.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I havne't noticed this one, I wonder if it is something that could be different depending on if you have the ICTP or ICT. Do you guys that have this rattle have ICT or ICTP?

·
Registered
225 Posts
ICTP...felt that area and the 'flap' was definitely loose. When I hold it most of my rattle goes away, but there is still a slight buzzing in the console area where the cupholders are. Just somewhere in there...will have to tell my SA about it when it goes in for service. Right now, nothing a little engine noise and loud stereo can't fix, haha :).

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
ICTP here too. That's my wife's solution as well - "just turn the radio up".

The problem is I hear it still.

Dealership said the foreman and tech were able to resolve it finally after over a week so we get the car back today.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So our cars should be the same. I haven't noticed this rattle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had my car at dealer working on several things. One of the issues is this rattle, which is sourced from the padding put around the dash, and it loosens up at around the 3K mark. My dealer found it, has seen it several times and immediately knew what it was. Interesting that this should not be, and it was complimented by my front door rattles on both sides down by the subs and the upper tweeters. After the fix for the amplifier/software, it sounded awesome, but the doors could not handle it. They had to put some things around the speakers and in the doors to eliminate this. My car is still there and don't know the result. I could understand the speaker issue, as the sound system is better after the software/amp adjust, but the doors should be specked out to handle this, and they weren't obviously. Had to put cushioning material and some dynomat in there to deaden it.

Good Lord....how frustrating but thank God there is a fix!!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
I'm foggy on the exact details but there are definitely several bits about speaker mounting and internal door gizmos and panel attachment that can be corrected in doors to eliminate what I call "bass rattle." Essentially a lot of padding. My dealer successfully did it to driver door and I have to have them do same to passenger door. #severe1stworldissues

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Slojotaa or VZX, would either of your dealers have documented what they did so I could hand it to my dealer here in Pa? I'm having the same issue and they continue to look at me like I'm crazy.

Slojotaa, what Amplifier Software fix did you have? Was this in the standard ICTP update or did your vehicle have some other issue?

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Slojotaa or VZX, would either of your dealers have documented what they did so I could hand it to my dealer here in Pa? I'm having the same issue and they continue to look at me like I'm crazy.

Slojotaa, what Amplifier Software fix did you have? Was this in the standard ICTP update or did your vehicle have some other issue?
Here's the stuff directly from my service record:

Attachments

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thanks VZX!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts