Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Military/Veteran Discount

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Rifleman62 
#1 ·
Anyone here serving UK or US military or Veteran? Saw one post re USAA discount.

Jaguar UK and US website states discount. Did anyone get this?

Of course no military/Veteran discount in Canada. Acura didn't either until I badgered them for months and got $1000 from Acura on a lease MDX Navi.

#2 ·
When I ordered mine in October, USAA Buying Service had no discounts on F-Pace.
Just got an email from USAA with an offer for 1.49% APR for 36 mo. loans and if you use the buying service, additional .50% discount.
That sounds just like the Pen Fed CU offer that some had mentioned (.99%APR). But I don't know if the F-Pace is now available through the buying service.

#3 ·
Rifleman62, I was looking for one as well and found that they have major discounts in the UK for their soldiers and for US Military there are overseas buying programs that are pretty great. All I can find for discounts stateside are through the USAA Car Buying Service/True Car and getting the certificate for the participating dealers. USAA isn't offering any extra incentives right now for Jaguar, just the extra .5% APR if you finance through them and use a participating dealer like skyking said. I've changed the zip code in my configurations a few times just to be able to have it identify other dealers that are within a drivable distance. It seems to be about 3% below MSRP as far as the True Car price, but it states it is subject to dealers' actual inventory.

#4 ·
WELCOME to the Forum RenaB ! Where are you at in *Delaware* ? We were beginning to think we were never going to see anyone on here from Delaware ! We had an F-Pace MEET & GREET in Wilmington, DE last fall , it was at a Brewery right beside JOE'S Crab Shack ! The parking Lots were HUGE ! I am *GR* of *GRVR* , and we live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland , 15-miles in from Ocean City , just below Selbeyville, DE ! Have you purchased an F-Pace already , or not yet ? My *VR* and I drove up to the Wilmington, DE Jaguar Dealer when we were looking last August ! But we ended up getting ours in Annapolis, MD !
If you have one already , or whenever you get one , post some pics on here ! :)

#7 ·
RenaB, thanks. That's what I found also. As a Cdn Vet I cannot use USAA. Have you ever seen the USAA building (HQ?) in San Antonio. Looks like the Pentagon!

I have emailed Jag Canada with no reply.

Have you tried: US only.
Rifleman62, I am also a Consumer Reports subscriber and their program seems to be exactly the same as far as using True Car. Just no an additional discount for financing. But I believe one of the Jag dealerships told me there would be a $1350 discount if you finance through Chase.

Have you already found the one you want or are you still searching? Which trim have you decided on?

I have seen it! We were stationed there for 4 years and drove by it all the time.

#8 ·
I am getting a 20d R-Sport, Tech and AD packs, IRR, red/black interior. Just spoke to Sales Mgr. Veh to arr at Dealer approx. 24 Mar. Special order as they had 0 stock.

Also subscribe to CR.

We loved San Antonio. Lived on Blanco Rd during the Winter as we were Snowbirds. Then we moved near to the Left coast from Manitoba (North of ND) which made the road trip 2500 miles one way so we now Winter in Phoenix, 1500 miles (except this year).

My wife and I volunteered at the Warrior Family Support Center at Fort Sam for several Winters after I retired from the Cdn Army in 07. Inspirational.

The spirit of the Wounded Warriors was incredible. From time to time we participated as spectators in Purple Heart ceremonies on the special portico. Couple of interesting stories there.

We were known as "the Canadians". One time Mrs Obama and Mrs Biden were visiting and the Suits were doing a recce (recon) of the facilities. They, the Suits, seemed to know of foreigners!!

#11 ·
I like!! Can't wait to see pics! That's exciting, not to long now...I am slightly jealous :)

Blanco, between the loops? That was a long haul! Are you all RVers or do you have homes in both places...suppose you could be both!

That is wonderful. Thank you for your service to this country and to our Warriors and our Fam. I bet there were! One of my favorite things about San Antonio was the enormous support for the military. It was rare that I went out in uniform without someone coming up to me to say thanks, quite often it was other Vets. It was always hard to know how to respond, but never failed to make me a little teary.

Haha, gotta watch out for those crazy Canadians!

#9 ·
Hey RenaB ! Thanks for the detailed reply ! I guess since you are Military and in Dover, DE , that would mean the *Dover Air Force Base* ? There is a restaurant up there in Dover we LOVE to go to called *Cheddars* ! We too , dealt with Rob at Wilmington Jaguar , we thought he was very professional and a Great personality , but unfortunately they did not want to offer ANY discount when we purchased ours back in September , plus they didn't have any in stock that was what we were looking for exactly ! Luckily , the dealer in Annapolis, MD had one that would suit our needs , as far as Options and Color , and they offered $1000 OFF MSRP ! I had dealers return my calls from Northern Virginia , and Baltimore, MD , and Eastern Pennsylvania , and New Jersey , and was offered discounts from $1000 to $1900 , but Annapolis was my closest dealer (100-miles) and they had one we liked ! I'm pretty sure I probably got ripped off on my Trade-In , and on Financing , but I was too caught up in an *F-Pace Haze* that day to care , and I wasn't leaving there without it ! At that time , there actually was a *Limited Supply* ! According to some of the Forum members here though , it seems like dealers all over the U.S. are now offering some substantial discounts ! So , I would definitely suggest shopping around for price and financing ! It's also VERY COOL that your Husband and Girls are EXCITED about the F-Pace as well !

Now , did I hear you say "travel trailer" ??? Because , if so , your *COOL FACTOR* just jumped quite a few notches with *GR & VR* ! We purchased our first travel trailer back in 1992 , and now we have a Motorhome ! Either way , RVing / Camping is a BLAST ! I am going to assume that the "Campground" you are referring to near Ocean City, MD , would be *Frontier Town* ??? That place PACKS a lot of *Entertainment Value* for KIDS ! TONS of stuff to do ! PLUS , you are only minutes from Ocean City , which can be an *Amusement Park* for Adults , as well as , literally Multiple *Amusement Parks* for Kids ! And you will also be minutes away from *Assateague Island State Park* ! Frontier Town also have a *Sister Campground* in Whaleyville, MD right across the highway from our home , called *Fort Whaley Campground* ! It is a little more quiet , but a very nice campground !

As far as a *F-Pace MEET & GREET* , I'm sure some of us East Coast F-Pacers will most likely do another one at the Wilmington, DE location again ! That was a Great Spot for it !

GOOD LUCK , and HAPPY HUNTING !!! I hope to see you in an F-Pace SOON !!! ;)

#12 ·
Haha, sorry, it was long...I'm just so excited and not everyone gets that cars are more than just cars. It's not just a material thing to everyone but something you get to experience....ok I'll stop now :)
But yes, hubs is assigned to Dover AFB. Cheddars is yum and just up the road from us. Yeah, Rob has been great, he was so knowledgeable, professional and I felt he did a great job really showing us the car during the test drive. Plus he is a retired cop so that gets major points in my book. There is nothing on the lot that fits the bill either, but he gave me the prices for the 2018 this afternoon and with whichever trim I choose he offered 2K off of the MSRP (about 3% - is that a good deal?) plus whatever incentives (if there are any) that are available in June when it comes in. I got several calls today from dealers who have some that would work, but aren't perfect and are actually several thousand above what he priced for the 2018 with almost the same configs. The dealers weren't happy when I told them that and are "crunching" the numbers. Plus they are much farther away.

You heard right, we got our first one right after we moved here! Love it! There are so many great places to bring it around here and now you have me even more excited about Frontier Town! We've only been able to go out twice and that was to Trapp Pond. We love it there. I tape all of the RVing shows so I can drool over them. My husband said last week he now wants a Class A! We were already planning for him to get a bigger truck after his deployment so we could get a 5th wheel!

I hope so, and I agree, Wilmington is perfect! not bias at all because it is so close!

I hope so too! And thank you! You all have been such a big help and such a supportive community from what I've seen already. :laugh:

#13 ·
San Antonio is known as the Military City. Great support as you stated. We lived 1 1/2 miles from 1604 in a rented Apt. Moved to Surprise, AZ (part of Phoenix) not far from Luke AFB. Loved seeing the F-16's overhead, now more and more F-35's. The Sound of Freedom!!

Now live in a house we purchased in Buckeye. Our neighborhood is in NW corner of Phoenix about 15 miles from our Apt in Surprise.

My son-in-law is also Cdn Army. A year and half ago he just got posted back to Canada from Tinker AFB after 5 years flying as a Radio Operator on AWACS. We don't have Radio Operators in our small Air Force that's why he was Army. Fifty Cdns on the AWACS Wing at Tinker. He said going to Afghanistan flying with the USAF was a lot better than his first tour with the Cdn Army on the ground. LOL. He was awarded the US Air Medal during his tour.

Lots of things to miss in SA including HEB, Longhorn Cafe, Chewy's and the welcoming, polite people.

Will post photos when I get the veh. I resent my email to Jag NA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.