Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A quick word of warning to and R-Sport and S owners thinking about installing MPG caliper covers. I am expecting delivery of my R-Sport this week and wanted to order MPG caliper covers. I saw they had for the Base, Premium, Prestige and First Editions but not for the R-Sport or S. I assumed this was simply an oversight since they all had the same part number but called MPG to make sure. After speaking to one of the engineers I learned that the Base, Premium, Prestige and First Editions all have 17 inch rotors but the R-Sport and S have 18 inch rotors with a larger break caliper. Accordingly, MPG does not yet make a caliper cover for the R-Sport or S. This is because they have not been able to get ahold of an R-Sport or S to take measurements. If any R-Sport or S owners are near the San Diego area, you may be able to call MPG at 877-995-0003 and trade a visit and measurement for a set of caliper covers. MPG intends to make these available as soon as they get measurements.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I hate to be the one to do this, but just to be clear, it is "MGP" not "MPG" and "Brake" not "Break" . . I know I sound like a dick with this reply, but please take a moment to proofread before you post. Sorry. . .

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I hate to be the one to do this, but just to be clear, it is "MGP" not "MPG" and "Brake" not "Break" . . I know I sound like a dick with this reply, but please take a moment to proofread before you post. Sorry. . .
Fixed the title. Thanks for the info OP. Agree with MKenM, no reason to use a cover on the S model since they look better than what the covers could offer anyway.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Also, I don't understand the First Edition reference, so it's tells me that MGP is a little confused about the F-Pace Models. First Editions are essentially S models with some options just included in the base price. The calipers and rotors are exactly the same on FE's and S's. I also assumed the R-Sports had the same rotors as the S's, but perhaps I incorrect on that.

As for the covers, I would not cover the S or FE's front rotors since they are labeled and Red. Perhaps a cover on the back rotor would be nice to have the logo included, but I"m not sold it's worth the money.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I have to admit, it is refreshing to know that you are at least willing to admit when you "sound" like one !!!
And why not , since you do it So Well !!! >:)
Sincerely , *GR*

·
Registered
32 Posts
You don't need a calculator to do the math on this one......19" wheels with 18" rotors??? Thats some fuzzy math.

The fact is 18" or even a 17" rotors would be enormous and probably don't even exist. From what I can gather the fronts are 13.8" and the rears 12.8" Not sure about the rest of them but thats the size of the rotors on my R.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I have to admit, it is refreshing to know that you are at least willing to admit when you "sound" like one !!!
And why not , since you do it So Well !!! >:)
Sincerely , *GR*
I really had a bad thing going on last night, and as soon as I typed what I did, I regretted it, but unlike some other forums, there is no "delete" button, and the window on editing is very short.

But no excuses. I do apologize to the OP and members of this forum. I know better. I can do better.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I really had a bad thing going on last night, and as soon as I typed what I did, I regretted it, but unlike some other forums, there is no "delete" button, and the window on editing is very short.

But no excuses. I do apologize to the OP and members of this forum. I know better. I can do better.
WHAT THE ??? Oh' Come On theweeb !!!
I thought for sure , you were going to come back at me with something better then this ! >:)
*GR* , as usual , was just *Goofin' Around* with you !!!
You were just pointing out some Factual Information anyway !!!
I hope the OP can take it "Lightheartedly" , and not be offended by it !!!

In the Words of *Bobby Mcferrin* "DON'T WORRY , BE HAPPY" !!! ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't worry. The OP's skin is very thick. Twenty Five years practicing law will do that to you. Points well taken on proofreading as well as not taking what MPG, I mean MGP's engineer says at face value. I am clearly more focused on picking up my F-Pace tomorrow than what I am typing.

Reactions: GRVR
1 - 10 of 10 Posts