Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the dealer color description, some colors end in metallic. Does that mean the others are not metallic, for example -

Ultimate Black Metallic
Dark Sapphire
Storm Gray
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Italian Racing Red Metallic
Ammonite Gray Metallic

So.. does this mean Storm Gray & Dark Sapphire are NOT metallic? My local dealer does not have these colors, so, I can't make the drive to see them in person.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
In the dealer color description, some colors end in metallic. Does that mean the others are not metallic, for example -

Ultimate Black Metallic
Dark Sapphire
Storm Gray
Rhodium Silver Metallic
Italian Racing Red Metallic
Ammonite Gray Metallic

So.. does this mean Storm Gray & Dark Sapphire are NOT metallic? My local dealer does not have these colors, so, I can't make the drive to see them in person.

Thanks!
I would assume that is what that means, but to be clear all paint has a bit of metal in it even if it isnt labeled metallic. Metallic paint just has more metal mixed in with the paint than non-metallic.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the colors aside from the base black and white (the no cost options) metallic? That is what I thought. If you pay extra, it's metallic.

Reactions: Okie and StormGrey

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the colors aside from the base black and white (the no cost options) metallic? That is what I thought. If you pay extra, it's metallic.
Even the basic colors have a metallic hue to them. There not considered metallic but they have some metal bits in there.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
In my Jaguar F-Pace Brochure (2017 that is) , the color chart shows that *Polaris White* and *Ebony Black* are the ONLY TWO "Solid Colors" , all others are "Metallic" ! Tempest Grey , Storm Grey , & Ingot are part of the "Metallic" selection , but they have an UP-CHARGE $$$ , because they are classified as *Premium Palette* !

MTGRL is correct , that the two solid colors are "NO CHARGE" , and the regular metallics I think are anywhere from $300-$500 extra , but the Tempest -Storm - & Ingot are approx. $1500 extra !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it worth it to pay extra for the metallic black? I am having a hard time deciding on color, for me it's either one of the dark grey's or black. Mr. RenaB is set on Black, but haven't seen both IRL so I would love to get opinions from those who have.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Is it worth it to pay extra for the metallic black? I am having a hard time deciding on color, for me it's either one of the dark grey's or black. Mr. RenaB is set on Black, but haven't seen both IRL so I would love to get opinions from those who have.
I absolutely love storm grey. I have an ultimate black metallic F-pace and wish I would have went with storm grey with 22 in black helix wheels. But yes, I like the extra metallic bits in the upgraded paint.

Reactions: RenaB

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My wife actually picked the Fuji White over the Glacier White ( metallic..). The Glacier had more of a "Creaminess" that she thought took away from it's "white" characteristics... and she is really looking for that stark White Black contrast...
Surely doesn't hurt that it was no upcharge, but I'm sure it will be a B to keep clean.... White with black pack seems to be fairly popular at all the SW FL dealers down here...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I absolutely love storm grey. I have an ultimate black metallic F-pace and wish I would have went with storm grey with 22 in black helix wheels. But yes, I like the extra metallic bits in the upgraded paint.
Thank you for the feedback, that is my current favorite as well, and looks like I may have wiggle room on the need for it to be black :)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
My storm gray is definitely metallic.
Pardon me , Sir !
But did you not take the time to read my very informative post #6 , that clearly specifies which colors are *Metallic* ???

BTW , I believe the *Storm Grey* has actually got a *Multi-Colored Flake Metallic* !!!
Which looks *TOTALLY AWESOME* !!! >:)

I just wish you were close enough to bring it to our *MEET & GREET* in April !!! ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pardon me , Sir !

BTW , I believe the *Storm Grey* has actually got a *Multi-Colored Flake Metallic* !!!
Which looks *TOTALLY AWESOME* !!! >:)
My wife says that I am what makes the Storm Grey look awesome...

Where is the boondoggle in April?

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
My wife says that I am what makes the Storm Grey look awesome...

Where is the boondoggle in April?
Oh' well , you know what they say , *LOVE IS BLIND* !!! >:)

Harrisburg, PA Sunday , April 23rd !!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oh' well , you know what they say , *LOVE IS BLIND* !!! >:)

Harrisburg, PA Sunday , April 23rd !!!
You assume she loves me.

Cannot make that one but next one might be worth an extended road trip.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
589 Posts
In the dealer color description, some colors end in metallic. Does that mean the others are not metallic...
BRG has all sorts of blingy metallic sparkle in the sun...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
BRG has all sorts of blingy metallic sparkle in the sun...
The last three words , are the most important !!!

Because at any other time , it's just *Ebony Black* !!! >:) :eek: >:) ;) >:)

Reactions: PaulMack

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
don't insult us ebony black owners!
My Apologies Sir !!!
I guess after thinking about it , since it is *Metallic* , I should have said *Ultimate black* !!! >:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts