Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Configurator is up on the mercedes website. Looks like a beast thoughts?
I really like the "Maserati Levante" ! >:) Just kiddin' around Redjag ! :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Configurator is up on the mercedes website. Looks like a beast thoughts?
I am actually pleasantly surprised about the price... If I would have know it was going to be at that price point I definitely would have taken a look at the Benz. I think the entire vehicle is handsome, the rear end isnt that sporty besides the quad tailpipes but the engine sounds fantastic, there are some videos on youtube that exhibit the sound of the GLC 43 and it sounds fantastic, resembles the f-type in the way it burbles and growls.

I might swing into my Mercedes dealer just for the heck of it to see what it looks like in person.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Do you all think the GLC 43 AMG is closer to the Porsche Macan , or the F-Pace ? Or in between ? We almost pulled the trigger on a Black GLC Loaded , but held off because they didn't want to budge on the price ! But for some reason that didn't stop us on the F-Pace ! :) We did actually end up talking them down $1000 ! But that probably wouldn't have stopped me from getting anyway ! :) The GLC was Really Nice though !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Do you all think the GLC 43 AMG is closer to the Porsche Macan , or the F-Pace ? Or in between ? We almost pulled the trigger on a Black GLC Loaded , but held off because they didn't want to budge on the price ! But for some reason that didn't stop us on the F-Pace ! :) We did actually end up talking them down $1000 ! But that probably wouldn't have stopped me from getting anyway ! :) The GLC was Really Nice though !
I would say the Porsche Macan is the leader of the sport SUV segment followed closely by the F-pace. I would say the GLC 43 is in a close third. I have driven the GLC AMG so I can't speak on driving dynamics, but it looks beautiful, the interior is spectacular, and that engine noise is something else.

Ill probably go take a look at one in the next couple months

Reactions: GRVR

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I had a GLK and looked at at the GLC when they changed the GLK and started calling it a GLC. My GLK was edgy and the GLC is a lot more rounded. I did not like the tablet just stuck up on the dash. From a performance standpoint there is something to be said about AMG and their engines but I would not buy a vehicle just based on the engine. You've got to like the looks and the GLC just didn't do it for me.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I had a GLK and looked at at the GLC when they changed the GLK and started calling it a GLC. My GLK was edgy and the GLC is a lot more rounded. I did not like the tablet just stuck up on the dash. From a performance standpoint there is something to be said about AMG and their engines but I would not buy a vehicle just based on the engine. You've got to like the looks and the GLC just didn't do it for me.
I totally agree about the tablet ! It definitely looked like an after-thought ! I was also not to keen on the little computer mouse sized do-hicky on the center console ! As far as EXTERIOR LOOKS are concerned , I don't think there is anything to complain about on the F-Pace ! She is a BEAUTY from ALL Angles ! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am actually pleasantly surprised about the price... If I would have know it was going to be at that price point I definitely would have taken a look at the Benz. I think the entire vehicle is handsome, the rear end isnt that sporty besides the quad tailpipes but the engine sounds fantastic, there are some videos on youtube that exhibit the sound of the GLC 43 and it sounds fantastic, resembles the f-type in the way it burbles and growls.

I might swing into my Mercedes dealer just for the heck of it to see what it looks like in person.
I like the GLC, always have and I was also a bit surprised to see the price, I thought it was going to be more. I did pull up the configurator and built one similar to a base FP S and it came up to $67k (metallic paint, leather, Premium 2, lighting, pano 4 yr maintenance and parking). MB's synthetic leather (MBTex) is probably the best out there so many may not add the leather. Interestingly you can't get a heated steering wheel unless you get black interior, very minor but odd. I am also not sure if it comes with parking sensors, it might and if it does the package @ $1.5k can be removed for comparison purposes. Of course it all depends on what you would want, I just tried to configure it similarly to what is std in the S - or to put it another way, what Jag forces everyone to get if they want an S.

The deal breaker for us was the size, it is just too small - something like 18 or 19 cu ft in the back and tighter inside - much like a Macan in that way. I strongly prefer the exterior styling of the FP but the GLC interior is much nicer IMO. The engine is awesome, I know someone with an AMG C 43 and it is a blast to drive. For us, probably a close second to the FP.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I like the GLC, always have and I was also a bit surprised to see the price, I thought it was going to be more. I did pull up the configurator and built one similar to a base FP S and it came up to $67k (metallic paint, leather, Premium 2, lighting, pano 4 yr maintenance and parking). MB's synthetic leather (MBTex) is probably the best out there so many may not add the leather. Interestingly you can't get a heated steering wheel unless you get black interior, very minor but odd. I am also not sure if it comes with parking sensors, it might and if it does the package @ $1.5k can be removed for comparison purposes. Of course it all depends on what you would want, I just tried to configure it similarly to what is std in the S - or to put it another way, what Jag forces everyone to get if they want an S.

The deal breaker for us was the size, it is just too small - something like 18 or 19 cu ft in the back and tighter inside - much like a Macan in that way. I strongly prefer the exterior styling of the FP but the GLC interior is much nicer IMO. The engine is awesome, I know someone with an AMG C 43 and it is a blast to drive. For us, probably a close second to the FP.
I do believe parking sensors are standard, along with a number of other safety features. A fully loaded GLC 43 with 21 in wheels runs about 70/71k compare that to a fully loaded S with 22in wheels runs 71/72k. The GLC is a bit smaller, also a bit lighter which allows if to be .3 seconds faster on Manufacturers 0-60 estimate. I bet its gonna be quicker when motor trend tests it (germans always go conservative).

I personally think the GLC is much better looking then the Macan. I would say F-pace is first then GLC second in my heart. GLCs interior is much better, higher quality materials.

If I could keep everything about the F-pace, but switch all of the interior materials from the GLC to my F-pace it would be the perfect vehicle.

Reactions: ron1764 and GRVR

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
You know, this may be a minor thing, but style and looks are one of the reasons - along with brand loyalty - that I ordered the FP. This one, I just cannot get past the manhole-sized emblem on the front, no matter how the other spec columns fall into place. I really wonder why they had to make it so prominent.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Hey Jman , Let us know when you get that done , and post pics !!! >:)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
You know, this may be a minor thing, but style and looks are one of the reasons - along with brand loyalty - that I ordered the FP. This one, I just cannot get past the manhole-sized emblem on the front, no matter how the other spec columns fall into place. I really wonder why they had to make it so prominent.
Maybe they envisioned it dangling from Flava-Flavs neck ! >:)

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I presume you are referring to the three pointed star..? Thats how it is on all of their cars. Interesting you say that because one of the reasons I really like my F-pace is because you can't really tell what it is from the front. Its covert in that way. Of course from the back you can tell. But whenever I see another one on the road driving towards me it just looks awesome, its wide stance and J-blade LED running lights make it look so sinister. And the lack of any symbols besides the tiny growler in the center of the huge blacked out mesh grille made it look covert, like an awesome government vehicle or something haha.

Reactions: LemonTree and GRVR

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I presume you are referring to the three pointed star..? Thats how it is on all of their cars. Interesting you say that because one of the reasons I really like my F-pace is because you can't really tell what it is from the front. Its covert in that way. Of course from the back you can tell. But whenever I see another one on the road driving towards me it just looks awesome, its wide stance and J-blade LED running lights make it look so sinister. And the lack of any symbols besides the tiny growler in the center of the huge blacked out mesh grille made it look covert, like an awesome government vehicle or something haha.
You sound like a guy who really loves his F-Pace , Agent 0097 ! :)

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you all think the GLC 43 AMG is closer to the Porsche Macan , or the F-Pace ? Or in between ? We almost pulled the trigger on a Black GLC Loaded , but held off because they didn't want to budge on the price ! But for some reason that didn't stop us on the F-Pace !
We did actually end up talking them down $1000 ! But that probably wouldn't have stopped me from getting anyway !
The GLC was Really Nice though !
I prefer it over touch screens. I hate reaching over

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I prefer it over touch screens. I hate reaching over
Redjag , I think you may have quoted the wrong post ! No Biggie ! It's All Good ! :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
1 - 20 of 88 Posts