Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The memory seat setting on my S does not store/adjust lumbar settings. I don't believe this is normal. Can anyone confirm either way for me?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Memory Seat and Lumbar Settings

I asked this over in the issues sub forum but got no response so I figured I'd ask in general. My S does not store lumbar settings in the memory seat functions. It adjusts everything but those. Since it's summer, I've been taking the motorcycle to work more and letting my wife drive my vehicle. She uses VASTLY different lumbar settings then me. It's getting really annoying having to figure out what changes I need to make every week when I drive it again.

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
Most people usually look in "New Posts" > "Last Day" to find the most recent threads. I will assume that someone will come along and provide you with whatever knowledge they have regarding your issue.

If you look over 100 people have viewed your thread and unfortunately no one has an answer.

Have you questioned the dealer yet? It has been a while since your original post.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Based on other discussions and my own experience, lumbar adjustment doesn't appear to be programmable.

Since it is a motorized adjustment, like all other seat adjustments, I can't think of a reason why lumbar is not programmable like all other seat adjustments are.

It must be one more of those Jaguar oversights for being the first iteration of a brand new car model.

The Brits would say, 'that's just the way it is'......

If this is a big issue to you, may I suggest a solution:

Move lumbar adjustment all the way to one end of travel. Go back and count how many seconds it takes to get to your desired lumbar position. Record this number on your human memory. Recall setting when needed.

That’s what I’d do.

First world problems. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't talked to them yet. I've been accumulating a list of things needing to be fixed once I get my first oil change but that's about 2 months away. I just rode my bike to work yesterday and my wife had my vehicle. Got in it this morning and had to screw with the lumbar again which reminded me of my post on here. I honestly figured with hundreds of people on here that I would have had an answer in a hour or two. Find it strange people don't know off the top of their head if this is normal. Will call the dealer next week if I don't get an answer but will still have to wait till oil change. It's an annoying issue but I don't want to driver 4 hours round trip to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
I haven't talked to them yet. I've been accumulating a list of things needing to be fixed once I get my first oil change but that's about 2 months away. I just rode my bike to work yesterday and my wife had my vehicle. Got in it this morning and had to screw with the lumbar again which reminded me of my post on here. I honestly figured with hundreds of people on here that I would have had an answer in a hour or two. Find it strange people don't know off the top of their head if this is normal. Will call the dealer next week if I don't get an answer but will still have to wait till oil change. It's an annoying issue but I don't want to driver 4 hours round trip to get it fixed.
I guess my wife and I use the same lumbar settings, if that's the case. Not sure why you feel that it's strange to not know - I'd venture a guess that most members here are the only driver of their F Pace.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My guess is these buttons (Like maybe others) while motorized, are isolated, redundant, on-off buttons and not tied to the main memory system of seat and back positions...
I'm more concerted that an upscale vehicle like this does not have automatic easy Entry-Exit seat and wheel positioning. My wife has the wheel very close to her when driving and for another human to get in to activate their position is practically impossible.... To me that just doesn't make sense....

·
Registered
335 Posts
My guess is these buttons (Like maybe others) while motorized, are isolated, redundant, on-off buttons and not tied to the main memory system of seat and back positions...
I'm more concerted that an upscale vehicle like this does not have automatic easy Entry-Exit seat and wheel positioning. My wife has the wheel very close to her when driving and for another human to get in to activate their position is practically impossible.... To me that just doesn't make sense....
The steering wheel does have exit/entry position. Turn the knob on the left of the steering wheel to activate it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nobody else drive my car, so my Lumbar support is always where I last set it.

Reactions: MTHM

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nobody else drive my car, so my Lumbar support is always where I last set it.
not even your significant other?

Come on. He/she would love to try your jag some time.

I know my wife loves to drive it, although she won't admit it

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'm more concerted that an upscale vehicle like this does not have automatic easy Entry-Exit seat and wheel positioning.
I had made this suggestion before , but you could set your Seat & Steering Wheel to your desired Entry-Exit locations , and lock those settings into your *Memory 3* selection ! That way , you open your car door , hit the *3*, and once they are in the correct location , hop in ! Then once you are seated , you could hit the *Memory 1 or 2* setting to get the Seat & Steering Wheel & Rear View Mirrors to your desired Driving Locations !
Just a thought !

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had made this suggestion before , but you could set your Seat & Steering Wheel to your desired Entry-Exit locations , and lock those settings into your *Memory 3* selection ! That way , you open your car door , hit the *3*, and once they are in the correct location , hop in ! Then once you are seated , you could hit the *Memory 1 or 2* setting to get the Seat & Steering Wheel & Rear View Mirrors to your desired Driving Locations !
Just a thought !
Just turn the switch on the side of the steering column (if you have one as a demo I had once, had it capped off) to the auto position and the wheel will retract all the way and go up for easy egress and stay that way for ingress.

Occasionally mine does not return to the stored position corresponding to my seat selection (on my list for next shop visit) and you can remedy that two ways. One, place in park, then back into gear and that drops it or press the stored button on the door panel for your desired setup. This does not change the seat position as @GRVR solution does. His method make actually make it easier but you have to think to do it. Auto works for me and my simple mind. Like Ron Popeel used to say, "Set it, and forget it"

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Just a thought !
Correction , I meant to say Side View Mirrors , NOT Rear View ! ;)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Like Ron Popeel used to say, "Set it, and forget it"
HaHaHa ! Hey @Florida guy , your FOOD & COOKING references are HILARIOUS !!!:D
Did you actually buy one of those little Cookers he was selling ???:laugh:
I think I may have finally found a worthy opponent , for my acquired *FOOD FANATIC* status !!!0:)
I haven't forgotten your *A little more Sizzle on the Steak* reference !!! That's a Great Line !!!>:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
If they did not include a sensor for the lumbar position then they can't adjust it to a setting.
Someone else posted the great idea to use the M3 memory setting for entry/exit. Just punch 3 to get out and 1 or 2 when you are back in the seat...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I noticed this today too that it doesn't adjust the lumbar. Also, and this is a bit of a nitpick but...the memory seats in our F-Pace have to be the slowest that I've personally come across. I'm just under 6ft, my wife just under 5ft and the time it takes the seat to move to my position from hers' compared to our other vehicles is lethargic !!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think I noticed this today too that it doesn't adjust the lumbar. Also, and this is a bit of a nitpick but...the memory seats in our F-Pace have to be the slowest that I've personally come across. I'm just under 6ft, my wife just under 5ft and the time it takes the seat to move to my position from hers' compared to our other vehicles is lethargic !!!
My Q5 seat is moving much slower than the F-pace. And the memory does not adjust lumbar in Q5 as well.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts