Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a huge issue with playing media files...

1 - When using my 64gb or 256gb flash drives my ICTP will play music however it does not recognize playlists and only recognizes some of the album art. I have tried multiple playlist files types and replaced the missing album artwork with no change. (Flash drive is formatted FAT32 and I do get the slight skipping that others are getting)

2 - Using my Ipod Classic it recognizes playlists but won't recognize any of the album art.

3 - I uploaded a few songs/playlists to the internal media hard drive and get the same problems as #1 above.

I have well over 14000 mp3 songs and am looking for an easy way to play all my music with album art and playlists.

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find answers...any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the same artwork issue with my older generation iPod touch. I ended up buying a deactivated (i.e. no phone service) iPhone 5s and leave it in the center console just to play my music through. From time to time the artwork is blank and the USB connection is not recognized, but I'm very satisfied with the easy access to my playlists and artwork.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
54 Posts
What I did when I was having these issues, was to first put everything in writing of what's going on. Be as descriptive as possible. I then called my dealer and requested an in-face meeting with the Service Manager to present and explain exactly just what's going on. There are so many nuances with the Media Player that if they don't know EXACTLY what the problem is....it won't get done. Forget about the phone or email. Here's the key.......because all of this is so new to them, I've since learned that you really have to make sure you DIRECT (TAKE CHARGE) as best you can. Having this in writing will assist Service in their communications with corporate if the situation calls for it. Believe me, it'll save a lot of time and multiple visits back to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Two things please read this thread about formatting a USB stick here:

Formatting a USB

Second, Gracenotes may not be up to date or the music files that you have transferred to your USB do not have the correct information on them to look up any album info or it is missing. Were your songs downloaded from CD's or legit web sites?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was just watching a Jaguar sponsored video on YouTube of the new In Control Touch Pro and it showed how to play DVDs, is that for the XJ or can the F-Pace play DVDs also?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, it will. Amazing sound through the ICTP system. Its like your own movie theater!

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
I was just watching a Jaguar sponsored video on YouTube of the new In Control Touch Pro and it showed how to play DVDs, is that for the XJ or can the F-Pace play DVDs also?
Yes you can watch but only when the car is in Park (not moving). Sort of pointless unless you like sitting in your car just to watch a movie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts