Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Funny...the original manuals I received were in French. I took delivery on a Saturday, barely glanced at the thing at the dealership (obviously) and then later that evening as I went to crack the books to "study"...found that they were all in French. I have since received replacement English versions, but that is why I headed down the on-line route. Just couldn't wait. I usually read these babies cover to cover...providing I know the language :nerd:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Funny...the original manuals I received were in French. I took delivery on a Saturday, barely glanced at the thing at the dealership (obviously) and then later that evening as I went to crack the books to "study"...found that they were all in French. I have since received replacement English versions, but that is why I headed down the on-line route. Just couldn't wait. I usually read these babies cover to cover...providing I know the language :nerd:
Oddly the one I received has the title in French on the cover, but not a word of it inside - pure English. I think they may have got a wee bit confused on our bilingual requirements ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Same with my English replacements. I thought they'd shipped French ones again then discovered all English on the inside. They're definitely struggling with our language needs in Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hallo, the same problem here with the F-Type-R. I can not find any Master-PIN in the Owners Manual. My Jagdealer cant hjelp. I have tried "1922" but it doesnt work. Can anyboddy help? Greatings from Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, thought I’d add this...

Brand new e pace purchased last month, took it to be valeted today so as it’s still a new toy we thought we would try out valet mode. Entered temp pin twice...accepted. Returned to collect car and entered said pin to return to normal mode. Incorrect pin signage shows. Knowing I used my usual pin I tried again. This continued. So call Jaguar assist, no help, call retailer and they say to take it in and they will disconnect battery to reset it back. Hubby had tried that and still stuck in valet mode!! So after searching google I came across this forum!!!

Curiosity took over and I entered what one person on here said was master pin....tada valet mode is no longer. So I can assure you, the pin I used was not anywhere near the same code as master code, so looks like there is a blip in technology somewhere! So thank you to who ever posted that little beauty of info!! Saved me a trip back to dealer for them to not know what to do!!!

A very happy back to normal mode lady!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
it might sound a little bit dumb, but what does the Master Pin exactly do? whats the purpose?
It lets you change the PIN to another 4 digit number other than the default. It’s used for Valet mode. You touch valet put in your code and then the car is locked down to a certain extent. The PIN used to put the car back to normal mode.

DP

·
Registered
112 Posts
It lests you change the PIN to another 4 digit numbe other than the default. It’s used for Valet mode. You touch valet put in your code and then the car is locked down to ascertain extent. The PIN used to put the car back to normal mode.

DP
Ok, now I'm confused... The valet mode pin is whatever you use to enter the mode. If I use 1234 to enable...I use 1234 to exit. They specifically showed how this works when I picked up the car. I am missing something.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There is a default PIN from the factory. I would suggest you change it from the default to whatever code you want to use afterwards. The new code can then be used to take your vehicle in and out of valet mode. Not that the factory default won't work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im still confused what does exactly this Master pin do. I know that valet mode you can just put a temporary pin.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
From the on line manual:

Valet mode allows the vehicle to be driven and locked by a parking attendant, without giving access to the luggage compartment. Valet mode also prevents operation of the touchscreen, to prevent access to phone numbers or navigation addresses. Only essential driver assist features are available, such as cameras, parking aid, etc.

Valet mode can be activated via the Master PIN. Alternatively, use a temporary PIN, if the master PIN is unknown, to allow someone other than the owner to set valet mode.

When set with the master PIN, only the master PIN can unlock valet mode. When set with a temporary PIN, the temporary PIN or the master PIN unlocks valet mode.

To select valet mode:

Touch Valet Mode in the EXTRA FEATURES screen. See EXTRA FEATURES.

Enter the Master PIN or a memorable four digit temporary PIN. When a temporary PIN is used, it has to be entered a second time to confirm the PIN. To cancel the PIN, touch the return icon. If the confirmation PIN is incorrectly entered, then a prompt to re-enter the PIN is displayed. See GENERAL SETTINGS.

The VALET MODE screen is displayed to indicate that a PIN has been accepted and valet mode is active.

The luggage compartment is now securely locked in valet mode and the Valet Mode On screen is displayed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i guess the master pin is basicaly a backup solution in case you forget your temporary pin number in Valet mode...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Learn something new here all the time.
Was under the impression that the temporary PIN overrode the master pin.
The valet, who can easily get the master pin via the internet can override your temporary pin.
{When set with a temporary PIN, the temporary PIN or the master PIN unlocks valet mode.}
Guess I wasted my time changing the PIN to a personal one. Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
After much searching on the pages mentioned above and looking for “general settings” (in the paper manual) master pin is page 183 in the SVR manual. Still the default 1926.

Kind of confused with the lock and unlock software updates button. It requires the pin to change it and the icon is locked by default. I assume it needs to be in an unlocked state to receive OTA updates. Why does the button show locked and say “Lock software updates”? Aren’t they locked if the icon is locked? Or do I push the button to lock it? After entering the pin it shows unlocked, and next to it “unlock software updates”
It needs to say “software updates are locked/unlocked”

Either way, no OTA updates available while locked or unlocked. I imagine i’ll Find out which is which once one downloads and is ready to install.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts