Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On one of the screens for Valet it mentions a Master PIN (I think that is where I saw it). In any case it says that the default PIN is in the Owners Manual. Am I missing something? The manual sucks, I think I said that once before.

Where in the manual do you find the Master PIN?

·
Registered
542 Posts
The PIN is in the owners manual. I'm not near it since I'm out of town but I want to say the PIN is 1922 for some reason.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Actually, every time you want to invoke valet mode, you set a 4-digit pin. To turn off valet mode, you reenter the pin. You can use the same or different pins each time. But, if you forget the pin you set, you'll need to go the dealer to get it reset. For easy reference, download the fully owner's manual:

2017 Jaguar F Pace Owners Manual

(There are a couple of version around, but this one is the smallest file and is fully searchable.)

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, every time you want to invoke valet mode, you set a 4-digit pin. To turn off valet mode, you reenter the pin. You can use the same or different pins each time. But, if you forget the pin you set, you'll need to go the dealer to get it reset. For easy reference, download the fully owner's manual:

2017 Jaguar F Pace Owners Manual

(There are a couple of version around, but this one is the smallest file and is fully searchable.)
Thanks, but that is the version that I posted and cannot find any reference to Master PIN in the PDF or the actual manual.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The PIN is in the owners manual. I'm not near it since I'm out of town but I want to say the PIN is 1922 for some reason.
I appreciate it but I can't imagine that the Master PIN is the same in all vehicles. I still can't find it in the manual
I think the master PIN is the same for all. I say 1922 because I remember it being a date of some sort and I think it was the year jaguar was made but I can't really remember. Wish I had the manual to find it for you.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Pages 149-150...

SELECTING VALET MODE
Valet mode allows the vehicle to be driven and locked by a parking attendant, without giving access to the luggage compartment.Valet mode also prevents operation of the Touch screen, to prevent access to phone numbers or navigation addresses.
Each time Valet mode is used, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) must be entered. To select Valet mode:
1. Touch Valet in EXTRA FEATURES.
2. Enter a memorable 4-digit PIN. You are prompted to confirm the PIN. If you wish to cancel the PIN, select Delete. If the PIN is canceled, or incorrectly entered, you are prompted to enter the PIN again.
3. Valet mode activated is displayed, to indicate that the PIN has been accepted.
The luggage compartment is now securely locked in Valet mode and the Valet mode On screen is displayed.
DESELECTING VALET MODE
To deselect Valet mode:
1. When you re-enter the vehicle, select Valet in EXTRA FEATURES.
2. Enter your memorable 4-digit PIN and touch the OK soft key.
Valet mode deactivated is displayed, to indicate that the PIN has been accepted.
1. The luggage compartment returns to the previously set security requirement.
2. The Touch screen is enabled. Note:
If the PIN is forgotten, Valet mode can only be deactivated by a Retailer/Authorized Repairer.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UNCHEEL

Thanks for the quote from the manual, I appreciate it but I'm aware of this option, what I'm looking for is the location of the Master PIN which the ICTP says on screen is in the Owners Manual.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like this on-line reference. It is very good.. The Master PIN info is in there.
Jaguar Owner Information
I have used this before and searched on "Master", "PIN" and "Valet" None of them tell you where the Master PIN is other than what the screen on the ICTP tells you, which states that the Master PIN is in the Owners Manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
On one of the screens for Valet it mentions a Master PIN (I think that is where I saw it). In any case it says that the default PIN is in the Owners Manual. Am I missing something? The manual sucks, I think I said that once before.

Where in the manual do you find the Master PIN?
Page 147 under General Settings. Mine is not 1922.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's definitely in the on-line manual as that's where I found it when I was looking for same. The Master PIN info is a special note found within the General Settings section.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's definitely in the on-line manual as that's where I found it when I was looking for same. The Master PIN info is a special note found within the General Settings section.
Thank you for that! It seems that when you enter a search word that it only brings up words that are in the main text body and does not look at notes. So again, thank you for taking the extra time to respond!!

Were you able to use Master or PIN to find it in the online manual. I could not.

BTW the Master PIN is 1926 for all F Paces. As recommended everyone should put in a new Master PIN so as not to have any issues later on during your ownership.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thank you for that! It seems that when you enter a search word that it only brings up words that are in the main text body and does not look at notes. So again, thank you for taking the extra time to respond!!

Were you able to use Master or PIN to find it in the online manual. I could not.

BTW the Master PIN is 1926 for all F Paces. As recommended everyone should put in a new Master PIN so as not to have any issues later on during your ownership.
Haha - there it is. I knew it was some year in the 20's.

·
Registered
523 Posts

YW. I think I actually used "valet" as my search word as both Master and PIN came up blank for me too. That led me to the General Settings note...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Seriously... does no one read the manual? It is in the glove box... It has a handy index at the back. Master PIN is 1926.

·
Super Moderator
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Seriously... does no one read the manual? It is in the glove box... It has a handy index at the back. Master PIN is 1926.
Peter to clarify I used the manual looking under Master or PIN and yes I looked on pages 145 and 146 of the OM. I did not think to look on page 147 where the Master PIN number 1926 is located. I did use the on line Jaguar OM using the same search words with no results. I like many of us try to use the resources at hand and when no results are available we try to rely on our friends in the FP Forum to help.

As you can see above it was answered a couple of days ago. Thanks for the reply though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts