Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must have had something mildly abrasive resting up against the plastic in the hatch while on our recent trip. Photo link here. Any ideas on how to DIY remedy this? Tried magic eraser, a mild plastic polish, a plastic cleaner. Am ok to hide it rather than fix it at this point. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Welcome to Jaguar :ROFLMAO:
Mine came from the factory with marring in that location and you are pretty much stuck with it unless you replace that piece of plastic. All of the plastic in the vehicles is easily marred ( have rear triangle window sill part waiting at dealer after someone smashed in my window) better to accept it an move on as every time you put anything in the vehicle it will do this :cry:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Yes my back hatch door, which is black, is pretty banged up from carting stuff around back there. I haven't found anything to clean it up properly. From my perspective, I look at it as that is the trunk and this is a SUV. I almost always leave the hatch cover in place so out of sight out of mind I guess. Not right, but it's the way I'm looking at it. My load rails, which I got with the SVR and didn't on my 2017 are seriously scratched. That annoyed me more than the rear hatch since I see them every time I load something back there.

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Yes my back hatch door, which is black, is pretty banged up from carting stuff around back there. I haven't found anything to clean it up properly. From my perspective, I look at it as that is the trunk and this is a SUV. I almost always leave the hatch cover in place so out of sight out of mind I guess. Not right, but it's the way I'm looking at it. My load rails, which I got with the SVR and didn't on my 2017 are seriously scratched. That annoyed me more than the rear hatch since I see them every time I load something back there.
I opted for the load rails also, not sure why, I dont load anything back there except groceries. Did you net get the rubber mat that covers the rails and only exposes the latches?

DP

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I did not get the rubber mat, but at this point the rails are pretty scratched with what I tend to carry back there when prepping and closing down the boat. I could pull them and paint them, then use the mat from then onwards, but being able to move the load points is one of the benefits of the rails. I’m supposing with the mat you can’t do that? Even after painting, I’m sure moving them would end up scratching stuff again. Probably should just leave them the way that they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts