Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just downloaded latest NA map update (08.030.0067.0153) to my USB. Looked at the directions, seem straightforward.
Anybody have any hints or problems they ran into when installing?

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just downloaded latest NA map update (08.030.0067.0153) to my USB. Looked at the directions, seem straightforward.
How were you notified about the update? I have seen nothing for mine!!:|

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine seems to be downloading/updating over wifi while sitting in the garage. I've never done a manual maps update, and mine updated on March 12.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The owners manual procedure is via USB upload. I didn't think it updated automatically. I'll have to check and see what the current map version in the car is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't think it is automatic update. Yes there is a new map update like you have mentioned. I have got a question. How long did it take you to download the file in the car via USB. Procedure steps include staring the car and keep it running. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long did it take you to download the file in the car via USB. Procedure steps include staring the car and keep it running. Thanks.
Haven't done it yet. Wanted to ask all of you if there were any pitfalls before I did mine. The download from the website jaguar.here.com(In Control Route Planner) took about 10 minutes or so.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How were you notified about the update? I have seen nothing for mine!!:|
It's on the In Control Route Planner website jaguar.here.com
No notifications.

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine shows map number: 8.30.64.152
Last map update: 14.03.2017 5:31

It shows it self updated last week.

the map number on the website is: 08.030.0067.0153

Do I so the update or is it self loading?

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I performed this update a month or so ago and went pretty seamless. It will be dependent on the capability of the USB drive (recommendation is for a USB 3.0 stick) as the download is pretty large. Once I started the car the update took ~3-5 minutes as far as I can remember. Then the system will reset as it reads the updated maps.

The Jaguar Here site states that maps are updated quarterly. Wondering if we're only a couple weeks away from another update in April?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So what is this update?
It's an update to the navigation maps database from jaguar.here.com that you can download and install yourself. It does not update the mapping software, only the maps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I performed this update a month or so ago and went pretty seamless. It will be dependent on the capability of the USB drive (recommendation is for a USB 3.0 stick) as the download is pretty large. Once I started the car the update took ~3-5 minutes as far as I can remember. Then the system will reset as it reads the updated maps.

The Jaguar Here site states that maps are updated quarterly. Wondering if we're only a couple weeks away from another update in April?
Pretty much matches my experience: 6 minutes from starting the car to having navigation updated and in service. The screen did warn of a possible 30 minute process.

One may drive while updating, just Navey won't work until reboot. The map download was 6.84 Gigs and worked with an 8 Gig drive even though Jag recommends 32 Gigs.

·
Administrator
1,973 Posts
Most of the updates are POI's. HERE is now owned by MB, Audi and BMW. The actual map updates take 6 to 9 months to compile. But JLR has an agreement with HERE to provide updates quarterly. You may only see new roads/streets a) if they are in your area otherwise you won't see any differences and b) if there are POI's added in your area. Since HERE only supplies the data the appearance of the actual map interface probably won't change.

And as a side bar probably won't see voice recognition in the '17 MY.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Like Rat, mine took only 6 minutes to install the update.

It has new roads on there that were just completed in the last couple months. I think it is great that it is included for the next 5 years and they do not nickel and dime us for every little update.

·
Registered
154 Posts
And as a side bar probably won't see voice recognition in the '17 MY.
Is this just an "I bet" kind of comment, or do you have any insights? I sure you are wrong...

·
Registered
148 Posts
So if I have to do a manual process with USB to get map updates, then what is this (attached image) where it shows "Last Map Update: 12.03.2017 2:33 PM"? I've assumed that I'm getting these updates via Wifi, since the car is connected to my APs at home.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
So if I have to do a manual process with USB to get map updates, then what is this (attached image) where it shows "Last Map Update: 12.03.2017 2:33 PM"? I've assumed that I'm getting these updates via Wifi, since the car is connected to my APs at home.
But clearly I am not. My map version is 8.30.63.105.

·
Registered
278 Posts
But clearly I am not. My map version is 8.30.63.105.
That is correct. I manually updated this morning and it definitely put a newer version on the car. It will even state that it is replacing the older version with the newer.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
I'm in the "no your maps aren't updating automatically over wifi camp." To do so your vehicle would have to be on, ICTP booted up and wifi working. Doubt that is the case unless you leave it running in garage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts