Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a mid size luxury SUV and have been looking at the Q5, base Macan and the 2018 2.5t F-Pace.

I've been lurking at the Jaguar's website's build-your-own. I notice the 4 way lumbar feature is no longer available where it was there before as an option for $250 (yes 2018). I am wondering if it's absent or included? The feature listed did not mention lumbar adjustment though...This is a crucial feature for me as I've sat in the 2017 base interior without the lumbar and it's very lacking in support.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My guess is that it's absent. Jaguar is pretty accurate on their specs and the base model model only really exists to advertise a low starting price. It's pretty difficult to find an actual base model at a dealership too. I haven't seen any for any cheaper than high $40s, at least in the D.C. metro area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Premium doesn't have it for 2017.
I know, the 4-way lumbar support was available as a $250 option but that option no long exist in the website now (it was there 2 weeks ago). If I can't get it then it's a deal breaker.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
You might be better off getting a package up from the base model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only way to get it is in the Prestige Trim which starts @ $49K! Even a corolla has a lumbar support as standard!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The only way to get it is in the Prestige Trim which starts @ $49K! Even a corolla has a lumbar support as standard!!
The base Macan doesn't have lumbar support either. It's $51,090 if you want lumbar on their base model. Sounds like the Q5 is your bet since it comes standard on the base $41,500 model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The base Macan doesn't have lumbar support either. It's $51,090 if you want lumbar on their base model. Sounds like the Q5 is your bet since it comes standard on the base $41,500 model.
I checked out all 3 cars. The base Macan's base seat is the most comfy even without the lumbar support adjustment, F-Pace's the worst. Both the Macan's and Q5's headrest can be adjusted 4 ways (up/down, fore/aft) which is awesome. Because I find many of the modern cars' headrest are tilted way forward, making your head looking down, very uncomfortable. It's a hard decision to let go the F-Pace, but comfort is too important to overlook.

The Volvo's new XC60 will be out in fall that looks very beautiful but I don't think I want to wait that long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts