Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still looking over my FP, two months after taking delivery, and finding items I know nothing about.

In the "luggage Compartment" just behind and above the rear seat back (in the headliner area) , there is some kind of a bracket with a flip down cover on each side. I looked in the owners manual, but could not find any information on it. What are they for?
Also I noticed in both the small side windows, behind the rear doors, there appears to be an antenna or a heating element.
Can anyone enlighten me regarding this item?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I am still looking over my FP, two months after taking delivery, and finding items I know nothing about.

In the "luggage Compartment" just behind and above the rear seat back (in the headliner area) , there is some kind of a bracket with a flip down cover on each side. I looked in the owners manual, but could not find any information on it. What are they for?
Also I noticed in both the small side windows, behind the rear doors, there appears to be an antenna or a heating element.
Can anyone enlighten me regarding this item?
Interesting, as I had to go out and look at those protected brackets... Likely:

First one, mounting points for luggage compartment partition.

Second one, heated, on whenever the rear defrost is activated.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
The "thing" in the headliner might be the place to hide one of the seat belts. Is that what you are referring to?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, as I had to go out and look at those protected brackets... Likely:

First one, mounting points for luggage compartment partition.

Second one, heated, on whenever the rear defrost is activated.
Thank you. I can't believe they would bother to put a heating element in those small windows. Not needed for visibility, at least not by the driver !!!!

Is the luggage compartment partition an option, for say someone with a dog?

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "thing" in the headliner might be the place to hide one of the seat belts. Is that what you are referring to?
I don't think so. They are recessed, and would not accept a seat belt tongue.
I think theweeb is guessing correctly on this one.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Yeah, the Jaguar site has several iterations of the divider: full, partial, fabric... no close-ups, but I assume they would want the top mounting points to be secure and clean looking, and built in so you do not have to go through a lengthy installation process if you order a divider.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah, the Jaguar site has several iterations of the divider: full, partial, fabric... no close-ups, but I assume they would want the top mounting points to be secure and clean looking, and built in so you do not have to go through a lengthy installation process if you order a divider.
Agreed, here is a picture

Attachments

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I have the half height divider installed in my vehicle to protect from dog slobber going down back seat and to keep a 95 lb lab from coming forward. He very much appreciates the visibility afforded him in doggy prison, as he thinks of it, by the heated rear side windows.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I have the half height divider installed in my vehicle to protect from dog slobber going down back seat and to keep a 95 lb lab from coming forward. He very much appreciates the visibility afforded him in doggy prison, as he thinks of it, by the heated rear side windows.
So do you use the so called "brackets with the flip down cover" to SECURE your divider ?

P.S. Come one man , *95-lbs.* ???
You should at least fold down the rear seats , and then put a divider behind the front seats ! :)
Give your Poochie Pooh a little room to roam !!! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Full Size Spare vs A Flat Cargo Deck

If you opted for a full size spare, you're stuck with a tire cover that is four inches higher than the cargo deck. Worse, the cover does not extend to the interior side walls but leaves an unsightly gap on each side. Not only does it not look 'right,' it precludes installing either a rigid or flexible load space liner, that Jaguar offers.

What to do?

The gaps happens to be a near exact width of a 2X4 and the depth of two 2X4s--stacked. So, cut four 2X4s to fit and push them in flat and snug. The flexible load space liner, I choose, now fits perfectly flat, covers both wood inserts and look great.

What do you say to that????

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
So do you use the so called "brackets with the flip down cover" to SECURE your divider ?

P.S. Come one man , *95-lbs.* ???
You should at least fold down the rear seats , and then put a divider behind the front seats ! :)
Give your Poochie Pooh a little room to roam !!! ;)
a) I don't want to have to manage a divider between front and back seats everytime I take dog in car.
b) he's fine in the far back
c) one squirrel or wabbit sighting and there goes my rear area leather if he had any access to back seat area
d) he can be a drooler and would make mess

he's good in far back, everything in vehicle is protected and in case of accident both of us are better off.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
a) I don't want to have to manage a divider between front and back seats everytime I take dog in car.
b) he's fine in the far back
c) one squirrel or wabbit sighting and there goes my rear area leather if he had any access to back seat area
d) he can be a drooler and would make mess

he's good in far back, everything in vehicle is protected and in case of accident both of us are better off.
Alright , Alright !!!
I have to be honest with you though ! It's not YOUR "Opinion" I am concerned about ! All I am hearing is *YOU* saying "he is fine in the far back" , I am not hearing the Pup utter these words !!! So , I am left to wonder !!! ;)
Oh' well , at least he is with you ! And I am sure that's what counts the most to him ! *Prison Bars or Not* !!!
>:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you opted for a full size spare, you're stuck with a tire cover that is four inches higher than the cargo deck. Worse, the cover does not extend to the interior side walls but leaves an unsightly gap on each side. Not only does it not look 'right,' it precludes installing either a rigid or flexible load space liner, that Jaguar offers.

What to do?

The gaps happens to be a near exact width of a 2X4 and the depth of two 2X4s--stacked. So, cut four 2X4s to fit and push them in flat and snug. The flexible load space liner, I choose, now fits perfectly flat, covers both wood inserts and look great.

What do you say to that????
I say, "No pictures, didn't happen!"

Reactions: MTHM and GRVR
1 - 14 of 14 Posts