Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in need of a couple growler lug nuts for 21 SVR. I was driving home last night and started to get a vibration that quickly turned into swaying and a clunking sound. Upon inspection two lug nuts were gone and the others were loosen on my passenger side rear. I’m baffled as to what might have caused this. Either way I’m looking for the best place to buy a couple replacements.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you already have locking lug nuts? If not, it would be easier and cheaper to just buy locking lugs and rearrange the nuts you still have. These fit my 2020 SVR, even though amazon says they dont.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I’m baffled as to what might have caused this.
Divorce and forgot to change your beneficiary on IRA's and insurance?:):):)
Just kidding.
Did you have any work done on the car and the wheels didn't get torqued after installation?
I'm sure you have checked the others by now, but consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose the wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You could argue that they should be covered by whoever worked on your tires. I assume that someone worked on your tires last. Let them know that there are not sufficiently tightened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the locking lug nuts are the way to go. Thanks for the idea. Tires have never been off the car. I called Jag and they said they have had trouble with people loosening lug nuts of cars on the lot. I guess this is a thing in our city.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2020 SVR (new when bought) also had loose wheel nuts when handed over to me. I had to tighten them myself as the wheels made a lot of noise when turning sharp corners. Dealer had no problems with vandals like what you described. so i think it may be a factory check issue from Jag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts