Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an F Pace S and was wondering if anyone else is going to lower their F pace? I've been contacting H&R since November 2015 on the springs. Initially they said they would not make springs and I kept questioning them and finally last month August 2016 they would start development. I know typically people do not fix up Jags or it's not popular. There just isn't a demand. Since the F Pace came out the demand has been high, but dos anyone have any information. H&R isn't helpful and all they say is check the website.

I read some was worried about adaptive suspension, but I think it should be fine.

About them H&R not being helpful, I have the 16 F type R which is all wheel drive and was reaching out for lowering springs. They had 15 ones and I asked if they were making 16 ones. They just said no and pretty much take a hike. I got with my Jag dealer and they looked at the 15 compared to 16 and everything looked the same. I ordered the 15 ones and they worked great. Emailed H&R and gave them measurements and they said it looked great and said I did the R&D for them and now you can sell them for the 16 type R. They haven't.

Sorry just a story about frustration but need to lower the F Pace. If anyone has inside info that would be great.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have an F Pace S and was wondering if anyone else is going to lower their F pace? I've been contacting H&R since November 2015 on the springs. Initially they said they would not make springs and I kept questioning them and finally last month August 2016 they would start development. I know typically people do not fix up Jags or it's not popular. There just isn't a demand. Since the F Pace came out the demand has been high, but dos anyone have any information. H&R isn't helpful and all they say is check the website.

I read some was worried about adaptive suspension, but I think it should be fine.

About them H&R not being helpful, I have the 16 F type R which is all wheel drive and was reaching out for lowering springs. They had 15 ones and I asked if they were making 16 ones. They just said no and pretty much take a hike. I got with my Jag dealer and they looked at the 15 compared to 16 and everything looked the same. I ordered the 15 ones and they worked great. Emailed H&R and gave them measurements and they said it looked great and said I did the R&D for them and now you can sell them for the 16 type R. They haven't.

Sorry just a story about frustration but need to lower the F Pace. If anyone has inside info that would be great.
Why do you want to lower the F-Pace? Won't it defeat one of the capabilities (off-road) of this vehicle?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Why do you want to lower the F-Pace? Won't it defeat one of the capabilities (off-road) of this vehicle?
I never really understood the point of purchasing an SUV if your going to end up lowering it. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having an SUV? I think its a waste of money anyway, especially if you have the adaptive dampers, there is barely any lean when going through the corners.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
4 Posts
H&R released the part number for the lowering spring. They are saying 6-8 weeks out to be in the States. You can place an order through any H&R dealer. The drop is 1.2''. Arden says they have a lowering spring also but after many emails over the last few months turns out they are just selling the H&R spring and calling it there own.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
H&R released the part number for the lowering spring. They are saying 6-8 weeks out to be in the States. You can place an order through any H&R dealer. The drop is 1.2''. Arden says they have a lowering spring also but after many emails over the last few months turns out they are just selling the H&R spring and calling it there own.
Just curious , if installation of said "lowering springs" , would VOID any or all WARRANTIES ???

I had contemplated "Air-Ride" , but got shunned on here , for suggesting such a thing !!!
At least with Air-Ride , I could raise it back up to the normal height !

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
GRVR, lowering springs won't affect most of the warrantee. The only thing they would affect is your Struts since often if you have lowering springs put on a vehicle and don't change out the struts/shocks for a unit that is designed for the shorter spring you end up blow out the stock struts/shocks. This is due to pushing them beyond their normal operating range by installing different springs.

The right way to lower a vehicle is to do with with a fully match set of shock/springs. Even after doing that you would also need to adjust camber and if you don't have a car that allows that in the proper range you would also need to put in a camber kit.

With an air ride suspension (which I've never had on a vehicle so I don't know much about them) I don't know how the camber situation would be handled unless it is designed to adjust camber as the ride goes up or down or the camber isn't affected by where the ride height is adjusted.

By the way, I didn't shun you on your air ride suggestion. I would have clearly gotten that if I had bought a Range Rover Sport like i was originally thinking. However, with the F-pace, while it would be a nice to have, I think it could negatively affect handling and weight. if you could put a air ride system on the FPace and not negatively affect handling. I might be for it! :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
GRVR, lowering springs won't affect most of the warrantee. The only thing they would affect is your Struts since often if you have lowering springs put on a vehicle and don't change out the struts/shocks for a unit that is designed for the shorter spring you end up blow out the stock struts/shocks. This is due to pushing them beyond their normal operating range by installing different springs.

The right way to lower a vehicle is to do with with a fully match set of shock/springs. Even after doing that you would also need to adjust camber and if you don't have a car that allows that in the proper range you would also need to put in a camber kit.

With an air ride suspension (which I've never had on a vehicle so I don't know much about them) I don't know how the camber situation would be handled unless it is designed to adjust camber as the ride goes up or down or the camber isn't affected by where the ride height is adjusted.

By the way, I didn't shun you on your air ride suggestion. I would have clearly gotten that if I had bought a Range Rover Sport like i was originally thinking. However, with the F-pace, while it would be a nice to have, I think it could negatively affect handling and weight. if you could put a air ride system on the FPace and not negatively affect handling. I might be for it! :)
Well Alrighty Then ! ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just curious , if installation of said "lowering springs" , would VOID any or all WARRANTIES ???

I had contemplated "Air-Ride" , but got shunned on here , for suggesting such a thing !!!
At least with Air-Ride , I could raise it back up to the normal height !
I am 100% with you on this one. Come year 4 and there is a $5000 repair I do not want to give Jaguar any excuse to tell me they are not covering it. I simply would not take any chances.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'd like to see an aftermarket supplier come up with some sort of wheel arch extension like the BMW X5 M (and others) have:

It's a best of both world solution keeping factory geometry and ride quality while visually dropping the on-stilts look and making our rides seem more like the fancy press release photos with their nice stance? (And not void any warranties!)

S.Chapman

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the FP would look good lowered a few inches.
Well unfortunately the lowering spring will only drop it 1.2''. I have had the front and rear factory spring out already and gone over the suspension setup and due mainly to how short the shock stroke is there is just no way to drop it any lower. There just is not enough travel in the factory shock and there is not much that can be done to change this the way the factory designed and laid-out the suspension mounts and travel. Its very limited... Also the link arm on the ride height sensors are still in question. I spoke with H&R regarding if they changed the arm length to account for the 1.2'' drop and they said they did not. So I assume that as ling as the sensors are all reading the same drop (at each corner) that they do not read an error and / or may readjust to the new height. I will see once I install the springs and get some miles on it and then determine if there is any need to adjust the arm length so it reads the factory setting.

Here are some pics prior to the lowering springs and I will post more once lowered (as soon as the springs arrive)

Custom machined and finished 22x10 Forgestar F14 Front offset 36mm and rear 32mm, Custom machines center cap with Euro Union Jack Jag logo, Dyno Comp custom built stainless exhaust, Dyno Comp ECU tune and supercharger pulley, one off machine dimpled rotors, Black front Jag badge, custom painted black rear badges, auto start / stop function disabled upon startup, custom relay setup for front drive lights turn on with headlights, recovered sun visors to remove warring labels, black mirror caps and tint.

Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
That is one fine looking F-Pace. The wheels look great with the grey.

Can't wait to get the info on the lowering and any issues you may see. Also looking forward to the lower pics.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finals lowered

Finally done..... I installed the H&R Springs last night. This is not a easy install and requires to unbolt and or removal of a lot of components to remove the spring. One of the more advanced installs for springs as jaguar suspension is a bit complex in parts and assembly. I put new pics of it lowered in my album.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
RMR your F-Pace looks Awesome, love the wheels and how the lowering makes the wheel gap consistent around the circumference of the wheel. You made some very nice additions. How's the ride with the new springs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ride is just as you would expect with a sport spring, it's firm and a bit more aggressive but everything I've done is more aggressive like the exhaust and the engine tune. The stock F Pace S is just to mild for me so if you want more aggressive and sporty then you will like the springs.

Randy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Having a look on the UK forum and it looks like KW has come out with a set of adjustable lowering springs for those with adaptable suspension. Price looks to be £780 pounds Sterling or about $990 US...

·
Registered
159 Posts
do you have any video of the exhaust sound with that custom build? also do you feel difference with the tune and pulley upgrade? I haven't done that because I'm little afraid of warranty issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts