Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a lowering kit that doesnt lower the rear more than the front? They look silly with the rear with less gap than the front

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I agree, that I was not happy that the back was lowered more on my first edition. The KW Kit, which is pretty expensive, about 3 times the price of the H&R is fully adjustable, so you can lower the back less than the front and match the gap. That is the kit I was considering for the SVR, but at this point I have not wanted to mess with the SVR handling so I haven't done the change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, that I was not happy that the back was lowered more on my first edition. The KW Kit, which is pretty expensive, about 3 times the price of the H&R is fully adjustable, so you can lower the back less than the front and match the gap. That is the kit I was considering for the SVR, but at this point I have not wanted to mess with the SVR handling so I haven't done the change.
Thanks for responding. Im using your car as the basis for mine. I got a set of 22x10 with a 20 offset, which will push the wheels out 9mm (1/3") more than yours. Think this will be ok? Im also going to throw 285/35r22s on it

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Do you have direct control over the offset for the wheels you are getting? I think 22x10 is a fine size, and the 20 offset will not hit anywhere. However, I think it will poke out beyond the fender more than you want, especially on the front. My 22x10.5 35 ET were great on the back, but they stuck out a little bit on the front with the First Edition. They fit under the fenders on the SVR but that is because of the 10mm fender extensions. So I think your front wheels will be beyond the fender probably a little too much. Mine poke about 5mm yours would be more than 15mm I would think which may be a bit too much, especially before you lower the vehicle. After lowering they will fit a little better but will still poke out a bit as lowering will push the outside top of the tire in a little bit as well.

I think if you can get those wheels made in a 25 or 30 offset it might be better.

I included a picture of mine before lowering. I also included a Willtheyfit.com sizing of your size compared to this picture. You can see from this pic, before lowering the back might also stick a bit more than the fender in your 22x10 ET 20 size.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have direct control over the offset for the wheels you are getting? I think 22x10 is a fine size, and the 20 offset will not hit anywhere. However, I think it will poke out beyond the fender more than you want, especially on the front. My 22x10.5 35 ET were great on the back, but they stuck out a little bit on the front with the First Edition. They fit under the fenders on the SVR but that is because of the 10mm fender extensions. So I think your front wheels will be beyond the fender probably a little too much. Mine poke about 5mm yours would be more than 15mm I would think which may be a bit too much, especially before you lower the vehicle. After lowering they will fit a little better but will still poke out a bit as lowering will push the outside top of the tire in a little bit as well.

I think if you can get those wheels made in a 25 or 30 offset it might be better.

I included a picture of mine before lowering. I also included a Willtheyfit.com sizing of your size compared to this picture. You can see from this pic, before lowering the back might also stick a bit more than the fender in your 22x10 ET 20 size.
View attachment 72290

View attachment 72289
Nope, this was the only setup I can find. I wonder if I can retrofit some fender extensions like the SVR has on a non-SVR

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
You may be good, but are you doing this at a shop who can test fit before buying? It might look fine after lowering thought, I think it will stick out a bit too much before lowering though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am the shop, yes. So you think lowering it will poke it back in at the top huh :unsure:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I believe so, not a lot but just a bit. I think it's part of the mechanics of how the suspension works. When you lower it some negative camber happens during lowering. I think you can try to get it back closer to stock, but not completely. After Iowered mine, I took it to Jag to have the alignment redone and they pretty much told me that. They said since its lowered we can't get the camber completely back to the stock setting. Here is a pic of the same wheels on my 2017 F-Pace FE lowered. it sure as heck looks to me like it more tucked under the fender. Maybe its an illusion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome. Now I just gotta find a lowering kit that doesn't put the rear with less wheel gap than the front.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The KW kit will give you what you need. It's around 1k but it's a fully adjustable kit. If you just want springs, I think you may be shooting in the dark. Here's a link.

KW Springs F-Pace

The other really important thing you get with this kit is different bump stops. That is critical on the back to avoid the banging when the car hits the stock bump stops. My 2017 with HR springs hit the stops all the time in the back over rough bumps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree. We may look into the KW kit down the road. I appreciate all your input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts