Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up early on Sunday and heading straight up into the mountains when I notice a red low coolant warning in the DIC. I do have over 11k miles so not such a surprise. It's a see through tank with min/max markings and a simple fix (once I got some coolant). The warning worked like warnings should work as it was fixed before it was a problem.

It did get me thinking about checking other fluids which is when I discovered I don't have a dipstick! I'm sure many of you knew that but it was a first for me. Maybe that's one of the reasons we can go 16k before the first oil change...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Thanks for sharing on the coolant check and warning. That's good to know it is a proactive warning and not an oh-poop one.

Yes no dipstick, but checking the oil through the Vehicle Information screen is pretty straight forward, unless you just turned off the car. There is a work around for that as well as it's documented in another thread that's out there right now.

I didn't wait for 16k miles, that is far to long on oil, I paid to get mine change at the mid way mark. The 15k/16k one will be covered by Jag.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Up early on Sunday and heading straight up into the mountains when I notice a red low coolant warning in the DIC. I do have over 11k miles so not such a surprise. It's a see through tank with min/max markings and a simple fix (once I got some coolant). The warning worked like warnings should work as it was fixed before it was a problem.

It did get me thinking about checking other fluids which is when I discovered I don't have a dipstick! I'm sure many of you knew that but it was a first for me. Maybe that's one of the reasons we can go 16k before the first oil change...
There is a topix bulletin on the coolant tank. I believe it is a jaguar recall at this point. Im not sure if your situation pertains to this recall but it might.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There is a topix bulletin on the coolant tank. I believe it is a jaguar recall at this point. Im not sure if your situation pertains to this recall but it might.
What Now?:|...we must have details..and bulletin numbers, stuff like that..

Thanks

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
What Now?:|...we must have details..and bulletin numbers, stuff like that..

Thanks
Not sure, it was on my invoice a while back when I got the super update. It wasn't anything serious from what I could tell, my dealer told me Jaguar put it out because some owners were experiencing quick coolant level loss so they had to make sure it was at the proper level and top it off if not.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure, it was on my invoice a while back when I got the super update. It wasn't anything serious from what I could tell, my dealer told me Jaguar put it out because some owners were experiencing quick coolant level loss so they had to make sure it was at the proper level and top it off if not.
So it wasn't that there was a leak or more serious issue? I guess I should go check my coolant level in the morning...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
So it wasn't that there was a leak or more serious issue? I guess I should go check my coolant level in the morning...
From what I gathered from my invoice and my SA no. He made it sound as if the F-pace and F-type have a habit of using a large amount of their coolant in aggressive driving. I am also pretty sure the coolant tank can become deformed if the aggressive style driving continues for a prolonged period of time. Im guessing many of us dont have to worry about that, but it is a recall that Jag has put out.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
He made it sound as if the F-pace and F-type have a habit of using a large amount of their coolant in aggressive driving.
Oh really? It's amazing some of the stuff they say. I guess it's better than "that's normal, they all do that".

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
154 Posts
It used to be that coolant never got "used up". It can get dirty or become ineffective, but never used up. Not sure if newer cars are different but I doubt it. Its a closed system.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
It used to be that coolant never got "used up". It can get dirty or become ineffective, but never used up. Not sure if newer cars are different but I doubt it. Its a closed system.
There is a good video out there, and ill post the link if I can find it, but it actually shows someone driving the F-type SVR and all a sudden the engine bay starts billowing out smoke. They open up the hood and the coolant was boiling inside of the coolant tank. Ill try to find it.

I believe they said they reached out to Jaguar and Jaguar told them that the issue was known and they were working on it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The whole thing don't sound right..Aggressive driving shouldn't make any difference..it is a closed pressurized system...Now if it gets hotter during aggressive driving and causes some to boil off and you lose it that way I can understand..But it would have to be extremely hot, like in the middle of the summer in Death Valley hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The whole thing don't sound right..Aggressive driving shouldn't make any difference..it is a closed pressurized system...Now if it gets hotter during aggressive driving and causes some to boil off and you lose it that way I can understand..But it would have to be extremely hot, like in the middle of the summer in Death Valley hot.
So what ever happened to the leak? Did anyone ever find info on the video mentioned or the recall? Thanks, having a similar issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2017 F-PACE has just 38k and I noticed the coolant level was low. After topping it off with the orange stuff, it was fine for a month. Then the warning light came on again. I took it to there dealer for scheduled maintenance and found out the coolant was leaking into the head and warped both heads. Total bummer. It overheated in 2019 and this is the residual effect of that. My sapphire blue Jag has been at the dealer for 2 weeks. Anyone else have this issue? I still love the car but this is disturbing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts