Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely new to Jags. Planning to trade in my 2014 Cadillac CTS 2.0T. I love my Cadi, but am looking to get something a bit larger with some more trunk space. These cars are pretty new, so not sure how many are even available with over 100k miles. That being said, what should I know when checking out the car? It has the diesel engine and the body and interior look very clean from the pictures I can see. My husband is very familiar with diesels and drives a 2012 F-250 Powerstroke with ~110k miles, and has had two diesels before that with much higher miles. So we're at least not completely blind in regards to basic engine functions. Anything I should be on the lookout for? Would all warranties be null because its >100k miles? Would appreciate any info at all. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
See if you can get any warranty with it or CPO. I have faith in them, but realistically it could have emissions issues, plugged DPF, or blow a turbo at any moment. This ain’t a 7.3. Power stroke ….

Reactions: xtine96

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See if you can get any warranty with it or CPO. I have faith in them, but realistically it could have emissions issues, plugged DPF, or blow a turbo at any moment. This ain’t a 7.3. Power stroke ….
Can I ask - what's CPO? If only they put the 7.3's in something as pretty as a Jag... lol. Or even better (in my opinion), the 5.9 cummins?

·
Registered
195 Posts
CPO = Certified Pre-Owned warranty offered by Jaguar, but I don't think many 2017s would qualify at this point (or rather, they would likely only have the balance of a few months remaining on their CPO warranty). You could also buy a 3rd party warranty (from Fidelity, etc.). Or just self-insure and set aside an emergency repair fund (for any vehicle this age/mileage, not picking on Jaguar).

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You couldn’t self-insure enough money to pay for the types of things that can and possibly will go wrong with this vehicle. At this point in time that it is, the other shoe could drop it any minute and could be 10 K plus. Unless they’re offering one hell of a deal on this vehicle, I’d at least go into it with my eyes wide open. And that’s from somebody who owns one….

1 - 5 of 5 Posts