Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 F-Pace R-Sport 25t
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought myself an F-Pace R-Sport for my 80th Birthday in July of 2021. Recently had it wrapped in a '55 Ford Blue, which was my first car after graduating High School in 1959. Now I want to get some new, Fancy Wheels to go with the new color. Having trouble finding 22" Wheels that will fit because of Jaguar's unique bolt pattern (5x108) Does anyone out there know of a reliable Wheel store around Central Florida ? I live south of Orlando. Would rather go to a wheel shop than buy online, and find out too late that I somehow ordered wrong size wheel. Tire size
is 265/40R22, if it makes a difference. I'm new to Forum, So I want to say "Hey, Y'all" Thank You Walt

·
Registered
2018 F-Pace R-Sport 25t
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A bunch of nice options with Vossen wheels and they are made in Miami. Purchased a set for my SVR…reasonably priced too for a TUV rated wheel.
Thank You for that info. I have another question...........I have another question.......Did you notice any change in the ride or handling after you installed the Vossen wheels? My son has a friend who is a Service Manager at a Lincoln Dealership and he told my son that sometimes on a high-end car, because of the way they are engineered, if you install after-market wheels, it affects the handling and the ride. I have looked at Vossen, they have some nice wheels, but the ones I really like are a set of white ones from Carid. Your views on ride and handling would really be appreciated.
Thank You. Walt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don’t know yet…they are being manufactured now. I always had the OEM with snows on my car and got custom wheels for summer….but on the SVR, I didn’t want to do 22” snow tires fearing a rough ride. I can say with utmost certainty that every premium wheel I have ever bought (OZ, HRE, BBS, Techart) have been equal OR an improvement over OEM…the key is the unsprung weight of the wheel if lighter than OEM really shows itself in performance when properly set up….and in Canada where we install snows 4 or 5 months of the year, your car has to look sharp too..even when it’s cold! I am not familiar with CarID. My Vossens will be for the winter BUT 21” nice looking wheel with a new ‘EV‘ series snow tires Nokian makes lined with foam to make them quieter on frozen/ frost heaved asphalt. I would avoid any inferior quality wheels for sure….read the reviews…

·
Registered
2018 F-Pace R-Sport 25t
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You for that info. I lived in Arcadia, Fl for a little over 30 years before moving up here to live with my son and his wife. There is gas station/garage/conveniance store there where I went for coffee and a newspaper every day, and I got to know the owner quite well. I know he used to sell a lot of big tires to people in town (kids mostly) for their pick-up trucks, so I contacted him after I found the wheels I really like, and he told me most of those people bought their Big wheels from Carid, and no one ever had trouble with them. In fact a lot of people had their wheels shipped right to his garage, then he would mount the tires for them. So I guess I'll be getting my wheels from Carid, and have Lucky mount them for me. Arcadia is two hours from here, but I know I can trust the man. Thanks Again for your info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts