Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had any insight w/regards to logging on to the "InControl" access via the Navigation system? When I attempt to log in I receive the car has to be "connected to the internet" message. Any tips/pointers on how I can log into the Navi.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a sim in my car so mine is connected. Mine seems to want me to re log in if I dont drive the car for a week. If I drive it regularly I dont think it asks.

I assume you dont currently have a data plan for your car and dont want to pay for one. Why dont you have your phone make a hotspot, have the car use wifi to your phone, log the car in, turn the hotspot off and see how long your log in lasts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a sim in my car so mine is connected. Mine seems to want me to re log in if I dont drive the car for a week. If I drive it regularly I dont think it asks.

I assume you dont currently have a data plan for your car and dont want to pay for one. Why dont you have your phone make a hotspot, have the car use wifi to your phone, log the car in, turn the hotspot off and see how long your log in lasts?
That's actually a good idea. I'll give that a try and follow up. Thx

·
Registered
295 Posts
I agree with the Hotspot suggestion (that's what I do). You should also be able to connect to your home wifi or even commercial spots (like your cable provider, or a store if you're parked close enough). In general, the phone works fine, but I get more speed for updates through the house.

Reactions: Kiata801
1 - 4 of 4 Posts