Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this card in my service passport book:
Capture.JPG

What is "Locking Wheel Nut Code" & "AFFIX SECURITY LABEL"? And where are those info.?
it says from Key Transmitter, my dealer only gave me 2 keys without any label on it.....:crying:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Just so you know , *AFFIX* means to PLACE or STICK something there !!!
In this case , a *SECURITY LABEL* !!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just so you know , *AFFIX* means to PLACE or STICK something there !!!
In this case , a *SECURITY LABEL* !!!
Did you get a label? I didn't.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Did you get a label? I didn't.
No ! Not that I know of ! I was just letting him know that in this case , I think *Affix* is a VERB , and not a NOUN !
Meaning to ATTACH something there !

·
Administrator
1,975 Posts
If your vehicle has a locking wheel nut (one for each wheel) there is a code that the manufacturer produces that allows the owner to have a lost wheel lock tool replaced, but I assume you all know that.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got a set of chrome wheel locks provided by the dealer at handover. They handed me a plastic bag with the lock removal lug nut, the regular nuts that had been replaced, and the label posted by the OP attached to the bag.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
But they were black, right? ;)
Good one Turbodog. I guess I do have a reputation regarding black wheel nuts.
I actually bought a set of each. Silver and black for both of my sets of wheels.
Now all I have to do is remember to document the codes:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, Where can I find "The Code" & "The label"? Just in case I lost my wheel lock key & my key transmitter?

PS.
When the dealer handover my F-pace: I do has a locking nut for each wheel, and the nut key I found in my truck next to the jack in a foam box. & 2 x key transmitters without label on them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So, Where can I find "The Code" & "The label"? Just in case I lost my wheel lock key & my key transmitter?

PS.
When the dealer handover my F-pace: I do has a locking nut for each wheel, and the nut key I found in my truck next to the jack in a foam box. & 2 x key transmitters without label on them.
Check the square plastic cover in which the wheel nut are stored ...4 of them . There should be a label with numbers written in black. The label is approximately 3 in x 2 in or so.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Maybe some have had rims or sets of wheels stolen, But I have found over the years that locking nuts are more of a pain in the XXX than they are worth. Invariably, when you are in a tire changing situation, somebody can't find that special socket, or they round something off or something... I have had some reasonably expensive rims on some of my cars, maybe I have been lucky...but I haven't ever had any stolen and can't say I know anyone offhand who has..... and I park all the normal places any one else would.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe some have had rims or sets of wheels stolen, But I have found over the years that locking nuts are more of a pain in the XXX than they are worth. Invariably, when you are in a tire changing situation, somebody can't find that special socket, or they round something off or something... I have had some reasonably expensive rims on some of my cars, maybe I have been lucky...but I haven't ever had any stolen and can't say I know anyone offhand who has..... and I park all the normal places any one else would.....
I've never had wheels stolen, but 2 entire cars have gone missing! :eek: (Now that I think about it, I guess that means 10 wheels have been stolen).

I've heard those locks are easily defeated, but seems Jaguar still believes in them, so I figure -- what the heck -- it can't hurt to have them on there. To their credit, Jaguar includes a spot near the jack for storage of the locking lug nut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts