Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned this within some thread a bit back, but thought I'd mention it again since now I can confirm that this is something that can be done for those who may want to lock out the paddle shifters.

I noticed that I was smacking my big long fingers on the paddle shifters while turning the steering wheel last night. If you don't lock out the paddle shifters, then you could potentially upshift or downshift the car without trying to. This happened to both my wife and I on our original test drive of the R-Sport.

So, a really cool thing is that you can program the car to only activate the paddles in S mode. This is great! Normally then I will just keep the car in D mode. If I ever want to go stoplight Grand Prix, switch to S mode and paddle like you're going upstream!

It's all in the setup. Our salesguy was pretty thorough with us going over the car. :nerd:

Once again, I'd like to Thank Monte Shelton Jaguar of Portland and Sal our salesguy for being great all the way around.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I mentioned this within some thread a bit back, but thought I'd mention it again since now I can confirm that this is something that can be done for those who may want to lock out the paddle shifters.

I noticed that I was smacking my big long fingers on the paddle shifters while turning the steering wheel last night. If you don't lock out the paddle shifters, then you could potentially upshift or downshift the car without trying to. This happened to both my wife and I on our original test drive of the R-Sport.

So, a really cool thing is that you can program the car to only activate the paddles in S mode. This is great! Normally then I will just keep the car in D mode. If I ever want to go stoplight Grand Prix, switch to S mode and paddle like you're going upstream!

It's all in the setup. Our salesguy was pretty thorough with us going over the car. :nerd:

Once again, I'd like to Thank Monte Shelton Jaguar of Portland and Sal our salesguy for being great all the way around.
That is interesting. I wonder if the paddle shifters can be locked on my 2012 Evoque. It is those shifters that is the reason my wife will not take my Evoque when I get my new car. I have been really frustrated as she tells me she hits them and then does not know what to do as the gears go down, up, whatever. I now have my 12 yr old daughter coach her on holding the right one in to get it back to auto mode.

Frankly, I cannot understand how one would accidentally hit these. Anybody know if they can be locked out for my Evoque? That would mean we keep the Evoque and get rid of the 2006 Infiniti M45.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That is interesting. I wonder if the paddle shifters can be locked on my 2012 Evoque. It is those shifters that is the reason my wife will not take my Evoque when I get my new car. I have been really frustrated as she tells me she hits them and then does not know what to do as the gears go down, up, whatever. I now have my 12 yr old daughter coach her on holding the right one in to get it back to auto mode.

Frankly, I cannot understand how one would accidentally hit these. Anybody know if they can be locked out for my Evoque? That would mean we keep the Evoque and get rid of the 2006 Infiniti M45.
Sadly no similar setting in the Evoque :( I researched extensively for my 2013 Evoque. you could always just take them off :) about a 30min operation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have a '13 Evoque. I'm fairly certain there's no locking on it. Although I may have accidently hit the paddle once when I first got it, but since then it's been a non issue.

When Jag brought the XE's around to drive here in Dallas the guy told me you up and down shift at the same time to exit manual mode. As opposed to the Evoque which is to hold the up shift. Not sure if the FP will be the same as the FE but cool that you can lock it.

·
Registered
42 Posts

It's all in the setup. Our salesguy was pretty thorough with us going over the car.

I am hoping to get the paddle shifter work in D mode. Is this possible? Or it can solely work with S only?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am hoping to get the paddle shifter work in D mode. Is this possible? Or it can solely work with S only?
It can be set for active in both D and S, in the settings somewhere (sorry, my F-Pace is 3000 mils away so I can't give you the exact setting location). That's how I have mine configured, so I can use the paddles in either, as my mood suits me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It can be set for active in both D and S, in the settings somewhere (sorry, my F-Pace is 3000 mils away so I can't give you the exact setting location). That's how I have mine configured,
so I can use the paddles in either, as my mood suits me.
Just check. Somehow my setting have no 'Vehicle setting' at all to choose this option. Need to check with my dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts