Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around in ICTP today and accessed the Live icon. Within it was another set if icons (apps plus an update icon). I selected the update icon to explore it downloaded an update (to something) as evident on the screen. Once it finished, it suggested that the update would be applied the next time the App was updated and that until then the current version would remain in use.

I'm not sure what this all means? Anyone been down this path already and know what was updated?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Via the vehicle once it's connected? Hmm...I've never actually connected it to the FP as I had a BB when I first got the FE and other than Bluetooth pairing had no other use. Since then the BB was replaced with an iPhone but again I've never attempted any cabled connection. I'll give it a try later today and let everyone know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Don't worry about connecting your phone. The phone connected apps are the In-Control apps which are different from what you mentioned.

The Live apps are the separate weather, news, browser, etc. apps that use the 3G connection to deliver data to the car. I just updated mine as well, message captured below. I think it's just stating that since the current Live apps are already in use that they will be updated the next time the vehicle is started. I assume the apps run through an update process at startup.

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry about connecting your phone. The phone connected apps are the In-Control apps which are different from what you mentioned.

The Live apps are the separate weather, news, browser, etc. apps that use the 3G connection to deliver data to the car. I just updated mine as well, message captured below. I think it's just stating that since the current Live apps are already in use that they will be updated the next time the vehicle is started. I assume the apps run through an update process at startup.
You nailed it Gorgon. That is exactly it. I'll be taking the FP out later and will check again. Cheers.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Live update application now says it is current and was updated yesterday. Nothing obvious to me anywhere from the update.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Live update application now says it is current and was updated yesterday. Nothing obvious to me anywhere from the update.
I played with this tonight. If you go into Live, select Live Settings and then System Configuration you'll see a list of of the Live apps and their version number and date updated. Here you see that the Weather app was the last to be updated.

Attachments

·
F Pace Expert
2,582 Posts
I played with this tonight. If you go into Live, select Live Settings and then System Configuration you'll see a list of of the Live apps and their version number and date updated. Here you see that the Weather app was the last to be updated.
Nice, and I thought I had seen every screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts