Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to throw this out there to see if this is normal or not. Seems not quite right to me.

1.) When I approach the F-PACE at night, even after unlocking the car, the puddle lights do not illuminate. They only come on when existing the car. Normal?
2.) When entering the car at night, none of the control lights illuminate (e.g. memory seating buttons) until I start the vehicle. It's pretty hard to see in the dark to make sure the seat is in the right position for me rather than for my wife before I attempt to get in. Having had Acuras for 11 years, I'm accustomed to the car knowing what key it was unlocked with and setting the memory seats accordingly before I ever even open the door. Disappointing that Jaguar doesn't do that for us, even more so that I have to locate the button in the dark.

So is this behavior normal? I don't have the Lux Interior Pack / Configurable Interior Mood Lighting, so I don't know if this makes a difference or not. I also don't have the turquoise illumination around the gear shift or glovebox like there is on the doors - I guess you have to have the Lux Interior Pack for that as well? I think I made the assumption that the configurable mood lighting only allowed me to change colors, but now I'm thinking there are just a lot of places where there is just no illumination at all without it. Shame - if I could have added it a la carte for $200-300 like the Brits can, I would have, but I didn't see enough value in the entire pack to add it at the time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1. My puddle lights do illuminate at night upon unlocking so I would think yours should too.
2. Correct that none of the control lights illuminate (e.g. memory seating buttons) until engine start/stop button is pressed
3. You do get extra LED cabin illumination with the Lux Pack

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Just want to throw this out there to see if this is normal or not. Seems not quite right to me.

1.) When I approach the F-PACE at night, even after unlocking the car, the puddle lights do not illuminate. They only come on when existing the car. Normal?
2.) When entering the car at night, none of the control lights illuminate (e.g. memory seating buttons) until I start the vehicle. It's pretty hard to see in the dark to make sure the seat is in the right position for me rather than for my wife before I attempt to get in. Having had Acuras for 11 years, I'm accustomed to the car knowing what key it was unlocked with and setting the memory seats accordingly before I ever even open the door. Disappointing that Jaguar doesn't do that for us, even more so that I have to locate the button in the dark.

So is this behavior normal? I don't have the Lux Interior Pack / Configurable Interior Mood Lighting, so I don't know if this makes a difference or not. I also don't have the turquoise illumination around the gear shift or glovebox like there is on the doors - I guess you have to have the Lux Interior Pack for that as well? I think I made the assumption that the configurable mood lighting only allowed me to change colors, but now I'm thinking there are just a lot of places where there is just no illumination at all without it. Shame - if I could have added it a la carte for $200-300 like the Brits can, I would have, but I didn't see enough value in the entire pack to add it at the time.
You should've gotten it. It's beautiful, man. Beautiful. Almost everything is lit up. The inside of my FE looks like a European disco at night. A sophisticated, upscale Euro disco.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey Okie , if you go to page 3 in the "Gallery" section , you will see mine ! I have four pictures there of the interior lighting (which you can change to *10* different colors) ! Under each picture it states what area it is ! I don't know if I would ever describe it the way Trek did (who could ever describe anything the way Trek does) , but they do Look REAL NICE !!! ;)
To be honest , his description was pretty darn accurate !!! :)
With the LUX PACK , I think you also get Rear Footwell Lights that are under the Front Seats and shine down on the Rear Floor Mats ! That makes it nice for people entering the vehicle at night ! For us , the *4-Zone Climate Control* was the main reason for wanting the package , but a few other nice features are the *Illuminated Sill/Treadplates* (including the Cargo Area Sill Plate) , and the *Suede Headliner* (gets alot of compliments) as well ! NONE of these things are "necessary" , but for those who like "little extras" , the LUX Package was well worth the price !!!
Don't beat yourself up over it ! Just order the LUX Package on your NEXT One !!! >:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll have to check mine...not sure if the puddle lamps come on when unlocking. My interior dials also doesn't illuminate (of course, the lights do come on, so no big deal) when entering until the car is turned on but the start/stop button does pulse (like a heartbeat, as intended) which makes it easier to find.

I have a Prestige but don't have the lux package and don't have the lights around the hockey puck or the glovebox, but do have it along the doors and everywhere else it should be. Never been an issue for me.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The puddle lights should work when you unlock.For the interior, and this may be more common sense, you can always reach into your pocket (or purse, I guess) and hit the light button on the key fob. I know we are all spoiled with hands-free keyless entry, but if you want to light the whole baby up, use the fob....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The puddle lights should work when you unlock.For the interior, and this may be more common sense, you can always reach into your pocket (or purse, I guess) and hit the light button on the key fob. I know we are all spoiled with hands-free keyless entry, but if you want to light the whole baby up, use the fob....
That may be what I'm missing. Some cars sense the key when you approach and turn the puddle lights and marker lights on when you come in range, but clearly that's not the case with Jaguar. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can confirm my puddle lights do come on in the dark when unlocking the car (tested it this morning on my way to the gym at 5am).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can confirm my puddle lights do come on in the dark when unlocking the car (tested it this morning on my way to the gym at 5am).
When using the fob, or just grabbing the door handle?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
When using the fob, or just grabbing the door handle?
Just tried this. Puddle lights when using the fob to turn on the lights, and when you use the fob to unlock, as well as grabbing the handle. The plus on using the lights on the fob is you get the J blades and rears as well. Unlock gets you puddle and parking lights.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just tried this. Puddle lights when using the fob to turn on the lights, and when you use the fob to unlock, as well as grabbing the handle. The plus on using the lights on the fob is you get the J blades and rears as well. Unlock gets you puddle and parking lights.
I have a Premium with no keyless entry, but my puddle lights activate when using the light or unlock button on the fob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts