Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just below the leaper on the rear of the vehicle are the letters J A G U A R. When I was putting a coat of wax on the car I noticed that the letters seem to "wiggle". I know they are only held in place with adhesive but this is the first time I have seen this on any of my cars. I'm afraid they will eventually fall off.

What do you think???

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that was one of the first things I did. Takes about 1/2 hour with the product I use. That would have been the only way I noticed as I don't try to pick at anything on the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just below the leaper on the rear of the vehicle are the letters J A G U A R. When I was putting a coat of wax on the car I noticed that the letters seem to "wiggle". I know they are only held in place with adhesive but this is the first time I have seen this on any of my cars. I'm afraid they will eventually fall off.

What do you think???
My solution. Removed all rear badges but the cat. Lines are too fine to clutter with badges IMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hairdryer and dental floss usually works just fine :)

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Leaper on the rear of my F-Pace is leaping from left to right -- I thought they were supposed to leap from right to left???????????????????
Any thoughts on how this happened???

·
Registered
176 Posts
You are from a mirror alternate dimension? I feel like I have seen this one on startrek.

Take a picture! The actual logo has the head of the jaguar on the left and the tail on the right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Peter, got you, my friend -- just kidding. Just us colonials acting silly late at night after some good cognac -- I waxed my wife's new sapphire blue F-Pace today for her (on Father's Day yet) -- she is some kind of love with that car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had my clear bra guy do it. He uses a chemical that absorbs the adhesive. He winced a the dental floss option. Beats me. He only works on exotics so I let him do it his way. Result was great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I debadged my Z4 M a long time ago. Hair dryer and floss worked like a charm. I just went over the area with polish after to remove any adhesive and marks from the floss. We haven't got our F Pace yet, so its hard to say if I will debadge it yet without seeing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After the heat and dental floss, remove the residue with something like Goof Off, or 3m adhesive remover. No need for polish, on brand new paint. You'll just put marks there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Leaper on the rear of my F-Pace is leaping from left to right -- I thought they were supposed to leap from right to left???????????????????
Any thoughts on how this happened???
Must be the UK version :)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
89 Posts
Will removing the badging alter the use of the activity key? Or is the "J" just used as the target for placing the wristband to activate it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The J fell off my rear hatch door!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts