Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my F-Pace 2017. Computer Glitches. Infotainment Center blacks out so you can't use the touch screen to operate the vehicle. I have no control of Incontrol. Everything I need to control my car is not functioning. The blower fan issue happened when I first picked up my car in Sept. 2016. I couldn't shut off the fan which was stuck on high. The shifter gets stuck when I put it in drive. I have to push hard on the gas pedal to make the car go like its stuck and not in drive. I went to the car wash and you have to put the car in neutral, when your done you have to put it in drive to go. But the shifter locks up and I cant get it out of neutral to drive off. I had to shut car off and then put it in drive. The rear camera goes on when I back up. But it stays on when I put it in to drive. I love the car but it has so many issues, very sad. I also live in another state from where the car dealership is located. The dealership said they would take care of me if I needed anything when I purchased the leased car. Haaahaaah...
I called the dealership salesperson and the service department. They said there are updates on the incontrol and infotainment centers and mine needed a totally new computer center. It would take all day and plus some rubber part missing/rubbing and needed to take apart wheel mount or something to replace rubber. So they needed my car all day. I was traveling thru NY so I could drop off my car. But the dealership had no loaners for me. On my way back after 6 days still no loaner cars available for me so they can fix my F-Pace. When I got home I called the Sales and Service Dept guy. He said he was sending a flatbed truck to pick up my car this past Friday morning , the car dealership is 2 ½ hrs. away from where I live. Service guy said he is sending a Loaner vehicle on Friday too, since it will take atleast few days to fix. Wellll , yes you are right...they didn't send me a vehicle loaner after they took my car on friday morning. Called Saturday morning with no return calls. MIA ...All personnel from the dealership. The service guy wasn't even working Saturday, why did they take my car??? Sales women didn't return my calls. Its Sunday, bought sort of expensive car.....treated like crap....Pissed yes, bunch of low life ......., don't give a **** about their customers.Not happy to say the least! So the service dept is closed sat. sun. So inconsiderate of them. If they told me no loaners, I woulld of rented a car. So Albany Jag dealership is on my**** list. Five or more days with no car, I had work and needed my car. They could of at least had the balls to contact me so I could of made other arrangements. If anyone has any suggestions who to contact about my lemon and the low life inconsiderate idiots, please I would appreciate it. These people are working at this dealership that someone Owns. Brand new F-Pace 2017 and we spend a lot for these cars and we get treated like ****. I have a major problem with that! Lesson learned too...confucius probably says : Don't buy a Vehicle out of your state.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Sorry for the troubles you've had. FWIW, most of your issues are resolvable, if you're interested. It just sounds like you need a new dealer that gives a ****.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow. Totally unacceptable. I've been through a situation like this (except I always was able to get a loaner from the local dealer so thank goodness for that). Here's what I can tell you:
1. Document EVERYthing. The issues, the solutions (attempted and successful), and the time you've been out of your car. It's really important because at some point you will have to prove that you got a lemon and it's on you to prove it. Though lemon law differs by state the key is usually having the same problem more than 3 times and that it's serious enough to cause safety issues or impair the value of the vehicle. In my state there's also a 30 days out of use condition. Pursuing legal action under lemon law sounds interesting but it's not real fun and you'd be better off proving to JLR that you have one and getting them to replace it outside of the legal system. They want to have good customers and protect the brand. But being able to tell them specifically that you had, for example, 8 issues within a year and were out of your car 30+ days will get their attention.
2. Contact JLR. 800-637-6837. The dealership will keep trying to fix, as that's what they are paid to do, but you'll get better results on a potential lemon replacement (if that's what you are seeking) if you talk to corporate. Even if you don't want a replacement but just want better service, corporate will quickly light a fire under the dealer.
3. Be sure to make your dissatisfaction known on the surveys. They do pay attention and dealerships and employees get judged on these.

Once a corporate person gets your case they will usually contact the dealer to direct them to a solution. There's a regional representative that will potentially get involved as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quick question, have they previously attempted to fix any of the issues that you reported? or is this the first time?

1. Yes, your dealer is shitty. Can't get a refund because of that
2. It sounds like all your issues are resolvable. In my understanding the lemon laws are applicable to situations where a car has been in multiple times for the same issue with no results.

Almost everyone in the forum has had some initial issues with their F-Pace, and I think I can say that once the updates have been applied and the open issues have been fixed we are all pretty happy! I know I still have a few lingering ITCP issues, but that frown turns into a smile when I hit the gas on an onramp!!

Give up on your dealer, but don't give up on your F-Pace. It's a fantastic car, and all your issues sound like they can easily be rectified.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having issues with my F-Pace 2017. Computer Glitches. Infotainment Center blacks out so you can't use the touch screen to operate the vehicle. I have no control of Incontrol. Everything I need to control my car is not functioning. The blower fan issue happened when I first picked up my car in Sept. 2016. I couldn't shut off the fan which was stuck on high. The shifter gets stuck when I put it in drive. I have to push hard on the gas pedal to make the car go like its stuck and not in drive. I went to the car wash and you have to put the car in neutral, when your done you have to put it in drive to go. But the shifter locks up and I cant get it out of neutral to drive off. I had to shut car off and then put it in drive. The rear camera goes on when I back up. But it stays on when I put it in to drive. I love the car but it has so many issues, very sad. I also live in another state from where the car dealership is located. The dealership said they would take care of me if I needed anything when I purchased the leased car. Haaahaaah...
I called the dealership salesperson and the service department. They said there are updates on the incontrol and infotainment centers and mine needed a totally new computer center. It would take all day and plus some rubber part missing/rubbing and needed to take apart wheel mount or something to replace rubber. So they needed my car all day. I was traveling thru NY so I could drop off my car. But the dealership had no loaners for me. On my way back after 6 days still no loaner cars available for me so they can fix my F-Pace. When I got home I called the Sales and Service Dept guy. He said he was sending a flatbed truck to pick up my car this past Friday morning , the car dealership is 2 ½ hrs. away from where I live. Service guy said he is sending a Loaner vehicle on Friday too, since it will take atleast few days to fix. Wellll , yes you are right...they didn't send me a vehicle loaner after they took my car on friday morning. Called Saturday morning with no return calls. MIA ...All personnel from the dealership. The service guy wasn't even working Saturday, why did they take my car??? Sales women didn't return my calls. Its Sunday, bought sort of expensive car.....treated like crap....Pissed yes, bunch of low life ......., don't give a **** about their customers.Not happy to say the least! So the service dept is closed sat. sun. So inconsiderate of them. If they told me no loaners, I woulld of rented a car. So Albany Jag dealership is on my**** list. Five or more days with no car, I had work and needed my car. They could of at least had the balls to contact me so I could of made other arrangements. If anyone has any suggestions who to contact about my lemon and the low life inconsiderate idiots, please I would appreciate it. These people are working at this dealership that someone Owns. Brand new F-Pace 2017 and we spend a lot for these cars and we get treated like ****. I have a major problem with that! Lesson learned too...confucius probably says : Don't buy a Vehicle out of your state.
My update on my F-Pace Lemon...I did get a loner vehicle on Monday. They are fixing my car at this moment and I did call the jag customer service. Thank you all for your help and support. I will update you all when I get my car back sometime this week. I do love my F-pace and miss it. They sent me a Land Rover Evoque, So happy I purchased an F-Pace! This is a great Forum, Thank you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts