Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE: The dealer attempted to recalibrate the camera but ended up replacing it. I can't believe they had one in stock. Thanks everyone for your help!
Having one in stock is usually a clue that there is a known issue.
I also had this distorted image from my drivers side camera. Bought my FP used out of dealer network so this not covered by warranty. I enjoy fixing stuff anyway so was not worried.
I replaced the camera ( mirror glass out, mirror cap off, unscrew camera, replace - no calibration required). It seems to be a relatively common problem. It always seems to be ‘ drivers side’ camera affected. My own theory for this is that due to the doors on the FPace seeming to close unusually heavily the camera receives a shock that over time dislodges something inside the camera resulting in the distorted view. I have also heard of owners whose ambient lighting ‘ swoop’ in the door breaking in to parts possibly for the same reason. I had occasion to ask the Mrs not to slam the door so hard when she gets out but then realised that I was doing the same thing, so it’s the car then. The drivers door is obviously most used so any problems likely to show up here first. Jaguar part no for camera is T4N3099. Not hard to get, in the UK at least.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts