Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM floor mats do not cover the left foot rest area and I am starting to see a little wear in that area. Has anyone found a decent foot rest pedal (maybe in chrome) that looks nice and is easy to install?

Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Amazon has some more cost efficient Velcro alternatives, but I opted for the JLR part for the Evoque. It gets drilled in and matches the other pedals really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
theRamsta I noticed this in your F-Pace on Sunday. It looks really good and looks like it's factory as you stated.

Did you have to drill through the floor pan to install this or was there already hole predrilled? Does it come with sealer to keep rust from forming?

Clearly I couldn't use this with the Weathertech that are in my F-pace now, but I plan on pulling them out come spring and going back with the Carpet Matt's that gjschwartzman has, I plan on asking for them for Christmas from the wife. So I would like to be able to install and deinstall this seasonally and was wondering if there would be any issue with doing that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The directions instruct you to drill 3 holes through the carpet, but only deep enough to get the guiding tabs of the pedal in and avoid hitting any wires or bare metal. It seems like it may be removable (for the winter) but I think it is slim enough to just have the weathertech mat go over it.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The directions instruct you to drill 3 holes through the carpet, but only deep enough to get the guiding tabs of the pedal in and avoid hitting any wires or bare metal. It seems like it may be removable (for the winter) but I think it is slim enough to just have the weathertech mat go over it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Amazon has some more cost efficient Velcro alternatives, but I opted for the JLR part for the Evoque. It gets drilled in and matches the other pedals really well.
Do you know of any decent alternatives on Amazon?

·
Registered
617 Posts
For those interested, I found these black rubber "Sure Step" self sticking, skid resistant pads at Wal-Mart today. They come two to a pack and the cost was under $8.00. I adapted one of them to use as a foot rest because I too noticed some premature wear in that area of my vehicle. I just created a template and used a razor blade to cut out the final product. I've attached some photos so you can see the item before and after. They're a pretty good match to the Jaguar rubber mats as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I just bought this foot rest on Amazon, it fits pretty closely, and it is pretty high quality.
I saw this one and was going to buy it but I checked the measurements and it was a little to big. It looks like it fits almost perfectly, besides hanging off of the foot rest part a little, and looks pretty good.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I check the measurement before buying as well, it was close enough for me. On the top right 3 inches or so, it overhangs about 3/16 of an inch, not enough to catch my foot on. For $16, you simply cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Functional sure, but not a good pattern match.
I think they match pretty well with the sports pedals actually. There both silver and they both have the rubber component so your foot doesn't slip.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The *WT Floor Mat* covers & protects that entire area *LIKE A GLOVE* !!!;)
But if you really must have your *SHINY BITS* , then they don't offer that !!!>:)

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
1 - 20 of 103 Posts