Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a version of the F-Pace in the cold weather states, and does not have heated leather seats?

If so, can you tell me how your experience is? Are the seats super cold in the morning? Do they take a while to warm up to your skin etc...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anyone have a version of the F-Pace in the cold weather states, and does not have heated leather seats?

If so, can you tell me how your experience is? Are the seats super cold in the morning? Do they take a while to warm up to your skin etc...
Wouldn't it depend on where you live and how cold it is.

·
Registered
933 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I live in a cold climate and while I have heated leather seats, I never use the heating function. On a cold day, depending on what type of pants you have on, when you first sit down, you might feel an initial blast of cold on the back of your legs. But after that, it's fine, so I don't find it necessary. I'm more concerned about warming the cabin than warming the backs of my legs, so I use the remote start function often (when it works anyway).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, I don't have a FP yet, however I have owned 4 cars with heated leather seats and two Jag XF's with heated and AC seats. I live in Montréal which is often in the 10-15F range and with -10-20 range. Heated seats make a considerable difference to ones comfort wether it's the seat or back or both in combination. Also heated steering wheel adds to the comfort. Key, is speed of heating. It quickly removes that teeth chattering feeling on below 0 early mornings. Especially if you sometimes have thin dress pants and light jacket for that quick getaway when the car has not yet warmed up. Before heated seats my wife refused to purchase any car with leather seats and balked at driving my leather seated car.
As for AC seats, even Montréal has many stifling 90+ days and when the interior is under the glare of the sun, AC seats prevents ones back shirt from being totally drenched regardless of how cool the interior of the car gets to from blasts of cold air.
If you can afford an FP, go for that extra comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts