Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

need your opinion, first time Jag buyer. Is it better to Lease or Finance the F-Pace? I am looking at 20d Prestige.

First Dealer : and hour and half away.
MSRP $52,543
Sale Price : $51,000

Lease : 36 months, 3K down, $676 per month.
Finance : 72 months, 5K Down, $775.

Second Dealer : 2 hours away, with Comfort and convenience package.
MSRP : $54,393, Sale Price : $52,200

Kindly give your opinion and help me close the deal.

cheers
RA

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's hard to provide an opinion without more info:

1. What is the interest rate of finance for first dealer?

2. Do you know the money factor for lease for first dealer?

3. Are you planning to keep the F-Pace longer than 3 years?

4. Do you have any lease/finance numbers for the second dealer?

5. Have you tried to use the dealers against each other to get better pricing? It seems you might be able to do better.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
If you are looking at a *2017* ON THE LOT , I think you should be able to get a much bigger discount !
If you are ordering a *2018* , then I'm not sure what a good discount would be !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's hard to provide an opinion without more info:

1. What is the interest rate of finance for first dealer?

2. Do you know the money factor for lease for first dealer?

3. Are you planning to keep the F-Pace longer than 3 years?

4. Do you have any lease/finance numbers for the second dealer?

5. Have you tried to use the dealers against each other to get better pricing? It seems you might be able to do better.
1. Interest is 3.9%
2. I dont have the MF.
3. Hoping that my kid can use it when she starts driving next year.
4. Second dealer is Finance : $4000 down, $785, 72 months, Interest : 4.25%, Lease : $649,$3800down, 36 months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PHP:
If you are looking at a *2017* ON THE LOT , I think you should be able to get a much bigger discount !
If you are ordering a *2018* , then I'm not sure what a good discount would be !
It is 2017, surprisingly dealer is not budging for last 2 days. I even suggested to come over to sign the paperwork tomorrow and take delivery.

NJ/PA dealers are known to be obnoxious and putting them against another dealer does not seem to work.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
PHP:
It is 2017, surprisingly dealer is not budging for last 2 days. I even suggested to come over to sign the paperwork tomorrow and take delivery.

NJ/PA dealers are known to be obnoxious and putting them against another dealer does not seem to work.
PM MGluck to get info on his dealer. He's in Jersey but bought from Massachusetts and got a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Check the dealer in Buffalo. They were very good about searching the region for what I was looking for. There was a woman manager who I first spoke to there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
1. Interest is 3.9%
2. I dont have the MF.
3. Hoping that my kid can use it when she starts driving next year.
4. Second dealer is Finance : $4000 down, $785, 72 months, Interest : 4.25%, Lease : $649,$3800down, 36 months.
Based on #3 above it seems you may be keeping it for some time. Generally, the school of thought is that if you plan to keep a vehicle for more than 3 to 4 years you are better off to purchase than to lease. Also since the the payments are not that much different between finance and purchase I would lean towards purchase. Also after 3 years you may have some equity if you did decide to sell. I would shop around the interest rate also but for 72 months that might be ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is something fishy with these dealers and I feel they are snooping around on these forums. I signed up for a Costco certificate and obviously my contacts went to the dealer as well. Today morning he called to tell me that he sold the car yesterday evening.

No words to describe the feeling. Friday is my anniversary and really wanted to get the car before that.

Really pissed with the whole interaction.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There is something fishy with these dealers and I feel they are snooping around on these forums. I signed up for a Costco certificate and obviously my contacts went to the dealer as well. Today morning he called to tell me that he sold the car yesterday evening.

No words to describe the feeling. Friday is my anniversary and really wanted to get the car before that.

Going through Costco is a good way to go but it sounds like your dealer may be screwing with you. Let Costco know as they have agreements with the dealers. I got a much better discount going through Costco. It's too bad you don't have more dealers close by to go to.

·
Registered
132 Posts

You stated that you had a choice of two different dealers so... just buy it from the other dealer.

You may have sabotaged yourself with the Costco attempt. Dealers have the right of refusal to honor certificates. Naturally, some need higher profit margins in order to remain in business and therefore, logically make a business decision to NOT allow ANY types of discount certificates. It's their business and their right to handle it however they may want to. It is really all up to them and you are not likely going to be able to get them to change the way they do business simply for your one sale.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You stated that you had a choice of two different dealers so... just buy it from the other dealer.

You may have sabotaged yourself with the Costco attempt. Dealers have the right of refusal to honor certificates. Naturally, some need higher profit margins in order to remain in business and therefore, logically make a business decision to NOT allow ANY types of discount certificates. It's their business and their right to handle it however they may want to. It is really all up to them and you are not likely going to be able to get them to change the way they do business simply for your one sale.
Not all dealers have agreements with Costco, it's their choice. When you call Costco they send you to the dealers they have agreements with. So if the dealer doesn't want to honor Costco discounts they would never enter into the agreement in the first place. Not sure if RainNJ was directed to the dealer through Costco.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've posted this a couple times here but the info is still valid.
-----
If you truly want to know if you are getting the best lease deal possible go here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...estions#latest

and either:
  1. Scroll back until you see the model and term/miles that you want
  2. Ask about the model and term/miles you want

Make sure you are in the most current month, the rates are updated between the 1st and 3rd of every month.

The moderators will give you the JLR (Chase) Money Factor and residual.

Toss that into a lease calculator along with the total cost, tax rate, and dealer fees. You will be able to see the lowest possible payment you can get on a lease. Anything higher than that number is dealer profit and is your starting point for negotiation.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Whatever you do, please don't do a 72 month loan. Your interest rate will be lower on a shorter term, and the American economy will thank you later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whatever you do, please don't do a 72 month loan. Your interest rate will be lower on a shorter term, and the American economy will thank you later.
Cap One is showing 2.49% for 36 to 72mos. I think the lowest quote I got when I was loan shopping in Feb was 1.99%. It is true that your overall spend will be less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts