·
Registered
112 Posts
On F-Type it shows Dynamic Launch Ready then Active
I don't see it on F-Pace video

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I seriously doubt it, but having never driven one, I really have no idea. Launch control is gimmicky anyway. The only real application that it makes sense is tracking cars and even then, unless you drag race, not going to see a lot of use.

Full disclosure....my S4 has launch control and it's super fun, but not a lot of use cases...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just seen a video on youtube of some guy using launch control too.. doesn't say how it works or the process though

·
Registered
188 Posts
Didn't some manufacturer have an exclusion in their warranty where they limited the number of times you could use launch control before it would void the warranty? Maybe Nissan with the GT-R? And the computer counts launches so when the dealer plugs in they know how many times its been done?

Launch control is gimmicky, would be fun not doubt, but I'm sure I would use it half a dozen times the first week and then never again.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Didn't some manufacturer have an exclusion in their warranty where they limited the number of times you could use launch control before it would void the warranty? Maybe Nissan with the GT-R? And the computer counts launches so when the dealer plugs in they know how many times its been done?

Launch control is gimmicky, would be fun not doubt, but I'm sure I would use it half a dozen times the first week and then never again.

My S4 has a counter. 200 times for life, no one has figured out how to reset it yet. Given that no one can reset it, using it does not 'void' your warranty since it's a built in feature also included in the manual.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After watching this video: http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/jaguar-f-pace-photos-videos/6666-acceleration-video-|-f-pace-s.html

I noticed that the revs appear to rise before the vehicle starts moving. Initially, I thought the driver was just power braking, but when I googled it, I came across articles referencing launch control as being included on the F-Pace. Does anyone know anything about this? I couldn't find reference to it in the online manual.

TIA.
I saw reference to it in the ICT apps (I think) when I drove it yesterday and was going through all the various menus.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
I was going to start a post about this. Then I found this thread. So did anyone ever find this or how to use it. It seems that you could use the parking brake and it releas itself when you,step on the go faster peddle.

Thansk
DP

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I was going to start a post about this. Then I found this thread. So did anyone ever find this or how to use it. It seems that you could use the parking brake and it releas itself when you,step on the go faster peddle.

Thansk
DP
Parking brake releases as soon as you press the gas pedal, would be just like launching the car with no parking brake. Brake torquing would certainly give you faster acceleration because the F-paces power numbers (including torque) come in much higher than turbos.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Parking brake releases as soon as you press the gas pedal, would be just like launching the car with no parking brake. Brake torquing would certainly give you faster acceleration because the F-paces power numbers (including torque) come in much higher than turbos.
Ok so is there an answer for this? The video above the OP listed goes to a page not found on this forum.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dynamic Launch - only available on V6 S

1. Engage dynamic mode so that the chequered flag appears.

2. Keep the foot brake firmly pressed down, nothing to do with electric parking brake this needs to be swotched off so your only holding down foot brake.

3. Give it some throttle so the revs hover around 1500RPM for about 2secs.

4. Then finally, release the footbrake and dump the throttle.

If anyone has a Nissan GTR this is exactly the same but you engage R mode. The f type is a little quicker off the line for sure. The GTR will bring tears to your eyes its soooooooo aggressive!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts