Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the latest version of oil for the F-Pace that is sold at the dealer.
EDGE Professional EC 0W-20. I think the previous version was E as opposed to EC.
It meets the spec for my 2017 STJLR.51.5122 and the spec for the later years STJLR.03.5006.

Liquid Fluid Bottle cap Personal care Automotive tire

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S - Exterior: Ingot - Interior: Brogue/Jet
11 Posts
This is the latest version of oil for the F-Pace that is sold at the dealer.
EDGE Professional EC 0W-20. I think the previous version was E as opposed to EC.
It meets the spec for my 2017 STJLR.51.5122 and the spec for the later years STJLR.03.5006.

View attachment 74919
Sadly my JLR dealer (supposedly) doesn’t have the oil in bottles, only drums and can’t sell to me so I can do my own oil change. I live in the Dallas area and will have to find someone that has this available. If anyone in the area knows where to get this, I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sadly my JLR dealer (supposedly) doesn’t have the oil in bottles, only drums and can’t sell to me so I can do my own oil change. I live in the Dallas area and will have to find someone that has this available. If anyone in the area knows where to get this, I’d appreciate it.
There are many online dealers that will sell this over the internet. This is a part for your vehicle like any other part. I buy it from my dealer for 12.00 a qt as needed.
I believe them telling you they don't have it in bottles is a cop out to get you to come have them do it for 4x the price.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I use the more generic Castrol Edge (which recently went up 15%) rated for 24k. I guess it's impossible to know unless they've published it, but I wonder what the differences are between this EC spec and the original E professional formulation?

I have the 5.0L platform and change the oil at home with a cheap extractor. I wish we could get the Professional oil as easily as the more generic. I'm doing the oil changes every 12k and when I recently sent the oil out for analysis a few months back with 12k on the oil, it was flawless, which was great.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the more generic Castrol Edge (which recently went up 15%) rated for 24k. I guess it's impossible to know unless they've published it, but I wonder what the differences are between this EC spec and the original E professional formulation?
Found this on the internet:

The older version was 0W-20E which wasn't ACEA C5 certified. The new one you can buy now are the 0W20 EC which is C5 certified.

Castrol EDGE Professional EC 0W-20 replaces Castrol EDGE Professional E 0W-20.

Castrol EDGE Professional EC 0W-20 combines the cold climate performance of Castrol EDGE Professional E 0W-20 (STJLR.51.5122 oil spec) and the fuel economy of Castrol EDGE Professional E C5 0W-20 (STJLR.03.5006 oil spec) into one product.

Currently Castrol EDGE Professional EC 0W-20 is only available for purchase through Jaguar and Land Rover dealership locations.

Castrol EDGE 0W-20 EC (replaces Castrol EDGE 0W-20 E) sold retail in a 1 quart bottle size is also available covering Land Rover STJLR.51.5122 and STJLR.03.5006 oil specifications.

Reactions: gearFX
1 - 5 of 5 Posts