Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody put or considered putting larger tires on their F-Pace? Or seen or heard of people doing it? I have the 20" wheels and was thinking about doing it, as long as it doesn't affect anything else on the car. I don't want them rubbing or anything. But there's such a large gap still between the tires and the body I figured it would look good. Thoughts?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Has anybody put or considered putting larger tires on their F-Pace? Or seen or heard of people doing it? I have the 20" wheels and was thinking about doing it, as long as it doesn't affect anything else on the car. I don't want them rubbing or anything. But there's such a large gap still between the tires and the body I figured it would look good. Thoughts?
Ya some have. One guy has 295 40 22" tires on all 4. Not a great idea with respect to fuel consumption, power and just overall efficiency. The wheel gap is best dealt via lowering, but again even with progressive springs you'll sacrifice comfort to some extent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya some have. One guy has 295 40 22" tires on all 4. Not a great idea with respect to fuel consumption, power and just overall efficiency. The wheel gap is best dealt via lowering, but again even with progressive springs you'll sacrifice comfort to some extent.
Ok, I figured as much. It's not a Jeep after all.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Sweettooth. Are you looking for just taller tires to eliminate wheel gap, or wider ones for a more planted stance? I have a set of 285/35 22s on 22x10.5 ET 35 rims that fit perfectly fine with no rubbing at all and they fit completely under the fenders. If you are looking for taller tires, you'll have some issues up front if you keep the inside location at the same spot for stock due to how the front spindles come over the top of the tires. There is some space up there and it's doable if you push the rims out a bit with spacers or the right ET/Offset.

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Generally speaking if you increase the rim size, the tire side wall size will decrease in order to keep the overall tire diameter the same +/- 1/2 inch. Otherwise it will throw off the speedometer and potentially other things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweettooth. Are you looking for just taller tires to eliminate wheel gap, or wider ones for a more planted stance? I have a set of 285/35 22s on 22x10.5 ET 35 rims that fit perfectly fine with no rubbing at all and they fit completely under the fenders. If you are looking for taller tires, you'll have some issues up front if you keep the inside location at the same spot for stock due to how the front spindles come over the top of the tires. There is some space up there and it's doable if you push the rims out a bit with spacers or the right ET/Offset.
I want to stick with 20's but thanks man. 22's are a little big even though they look good.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I fully understand sticking with 20s. M5153 is pretty much my setup but with 20s. 285/45 20s would pretty much sit at the same height as 285/35 22s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great!
Wow 315! Did you change both the tires and springs at the same time? How have you found the ride/power?
Ride is much firmer, handles great, power is awesome. Dropped the heavy factory 22" wheels and went with the lightweight 20".
The 315/20 profile is shorter than the factory 22" tires which makes the car much quicker off the line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I have 2017 F-Pace 1st Edition and it has factory equipment 265/40/22 f-pace 1st edition.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been researching 275/45 for replacements on my 20" wheels. There's someone on here who's running 285/45s so 275s so should work fine. A lot more options and much cheaper for 275s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts