Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching, and while I did find posts about modifying the exhaust system, I did not see anything about only replacing the exhaust tips. I did this with my RR Evoque and it looked good. I went with slightly larger, more aggressive, stainless steel tips. I would also consider powder coating them black.

On the F Pace, there is only so much room for larger tips to fit, but I think it can be a noticeable improvement. Has anybody done any research into this or perhaps made the mod already?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Not liking the ones posted on EBay, look like the fake slide-over covers they are. Just my humble opinion, of course.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yuk!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not liking the ones posted on EBay, look like the fake slide-over covers they are. Just my humble opinion, of course.
$200 for slip on covers!!!!! I really don't think so :(

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

$200 for slip on covers!!!!! I really don't think so :(
Plus, you can find the same tips - "universal fit" - for around $60 each. Still way too expensive, but some marketing genius seems to think that if you put a pair together and marry them to a Jaguar you can charge 60% more!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saw these whilst doing some research the other day and thought that they looked really good - whilst they're fitted to an XE, I would expect the exhaust systems from the XE S to be similar/identical to the F-Pace S's, so would probably work on the latter. Hope this helps.

arden.de/en/parts/jaguar/xe/

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
After searching forever and a day , I finally found the thread I was looking for , so I could post this photo that JB1000 posted way back in November ! He said it was a *Akrapovic* exhaust system , and he also posted a link ! Checkout the size of those Tips , with NO bumper modification !

The thread title was *Still waiting for Quad Exhaust* !

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Here is a close-up shot of the Akrapovic Exhaust Tips on the F-Pace !

To me , it doesn't look like any modifications were done to the rear bumper !

They're just *SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG* !!! ;)

Reactions: Roadsterguy

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Unfortunately for us tailpipe modders..the TIPS are very much welded on.:|

·
Registered
575 Posts
Unfortunately for us tailpipe modders..the TIPS are very much welded on.:|
This is one of the first things I noticed about the car. Changing the tips alone would be a tremendous pain in the tuckus...might as well go with a new system at that point. ;)

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I continue to consider replacing the stock chrome tips with a bit larger tips in black. I am also considering plasti dipping the stock tips black. Here is my question to anybody who might know....if I replace the stock tips with slightly larger tips (non-resonating), would the exhaust note change.....a little or a lot? If I thought it would change, I would be more inclined to simply plasti dip the stock tips. I do not want to chance making the exhaust note milder.

Thank you ahead of time for any insight.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I continue to consider replacing the stock chrome tips with a bit larger tips in black. I am also considering plasti dipping the stock tips black. Here is my question to anybody who might know....if I replace the stock tips with slightly larger tips (non-resonating), would the exhaust note change.....a little or a lot? If I thought it would change, I would be more inclined to simply plasti dip the stock tips. I do not want to chance making the exhaust note milder.

Thank you ahead of time for any insight.
I won't use plasti dip on the high heated exhaust tips

·
Registered
589 Posts
... if I replace the stock tips with slightly larger tips (non-resonating), would the exhaust note change...
Well, you asked for anyone who knew. I don't, but...
The exhaust note is formed by the exhaust gasses forming a train of pulses of varying frequencies and resonances as they head toward the rear of the exhaust system. Just changing the tips might affect the shape of the pulses a bit, and potentially could dampen some frequencies, but a simple change in tip diameter for a very short length should not affect things much at all since it would either not affect the pulse train at all (since the pulse does not spend enough time in the tip to notice that it is there) or possibly act as a poor-quality megaphone.
For a longer length, a change in diameter would affect the characteristic base frequency which can propagate through the pipe and might affect the sound.
Pulled this out of my hat, so ymmv...

·
Registered
207 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts