Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are another spring kit our there which is H&R and it cost a lot less than the KW, but it is not adjustable. The H&R one lowers your f-pace by 30mm while this KW kit lowers by 15-30mm, I have my springs adjusted to 20mm lower than original. Please note this kit is for the dynamic suspension only.

I installed the springs along with 15mm wheel spacers in the front and 20mm in the rear.

I thought the aftermarket springs would be a little bit harder in the first place but I'm wrong. It's a surprisingly comfortable ride. Big difference when going over speed bump. The softer ride doesn't really hurt the handling, perhaps the wheel spacers may helped a bit over here.

After all I'm very happy with this mod. The only downside is cost, it's rather expensive. I spent US$1000 + labour (ordering from Hong Kong) for the spring kit only.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would expect lowering the car would improve handling. Did you lower it only for looks?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would expect lowering the car would improve handling. Did you lower it only for looks?
It should help a bit for lowering the centre of gravity but since it is lowered for 20mm only, and it is softer than oem, the improvement is not very obvious.

And yes 90% for looks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ckkcmx5
Can you elaborate on how your suspension is now better going over speed bumps? My S bounces and wobbles side to side very bad at low speeds and going over speed bumps on an angle. Does your vehicle feel more stable at lower speeds? When I go to dynamic suspension mode it does get a little better but it is still very wobbly. I'm hoping there is a fix for this, as it is driving me nuts. Is this issue related to the springs or the shocks? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ckkcmx5
Can you elaborate on how your suspension is now better going over speed bumps? My S bounces and wobbles side to side very bad at low speeds and going over speed bumps on an angle. Does your vehicle feel more stable at lower speeds? When I go to dynamic suspension mode it does get a little better but it is still very wobbly. I'm hoping there is a fix for this, as it is driving me nuts. Is this issue related to the springs or the shocks? Thanks for any help
I do not have much chance to go over speed bump at an angle. I can feel the wobbles side to side which is worse than most car I owned but it's not too bad to me, it's acceptable. The KW spring is softer than stock, it doesn't change the character of the side to side wobbly, but it comes a little bit softer.

BTW after the spring being run in, I'm now not that happy with the softer ride. It's good and more stable for daily city driving but too soft for aggressive/high speed driving. I think the stock springs have better balance for comfort and performance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you for the reply... do you think it's the springs or the shocks that cause the lateral wobble? I've looked but can't find anyone who makes aftermarket shocks for the F Pace, have you? When you say the KW springs are softer, do you feel more of the road imperfections or less? My old 16 Lexus RX 350 had the softest suspension on an SUV I've driven, but you felt every single small undulation in the road, it just wasn't harsh. It also drove like a boat, very unstable at highway speeds. I'm wondering if I could have a cross brace fabricated to attach to the frame to reduce the lateral movements,or would a stiffer sway bar do the trick....any thoughts? It seems the F pace would do better with lateral dampers installed. I believe the dampers in the S model are not lateral, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the reply... do you think it's the springs or the shocks that cause the lateral wobble? I've looked but can't find anyone who makes aftermarket shocks for the F Pace, have you? When you say the KW springs are softer, do you feel more of the road imperfections or less? My old 16 Lexus RX 350 had the softest suspension on an SUV I've driven, but you felt every single small undulation in the road, it just wasn't harsh. It also drove like a boat, very unstable at highway speeds. I'm wondering if I could have a cross brace fabricated to attach to the frame to reduce the lateral movements,or would a stiffer sway bar do the trick....any thoughts? It seems the F pace would do better with lateral dampers installed. I believe the dampers in the S model are not lateral, could be wrong though.
I'm not a suspension expert but in short I think nothing could help at the moment. I think most probably the excessive (if any) lateral wobble is caused by imperfection of the adaptive dynamic programming. I said the KW springs are soft, but after all it's not as soft as my Audi Q5. I feel a little bit less road imperfections with the KW springs. The main difference is body roll, it made a difference when overtaking at high speed but it's still the best SUV suspension I have experienced.

As I know there's no aftermarket shocks available. And I GUESS any cross brace or stiffer sway bar will just make it worse because you are strengthen the linkage between left and right wheels and the sway bar is the one who make the suspension not working independently at each corner.

Have you test drove any other F-pace with or without adaptive dynamic to compare? Have you contacted your dealer to see what they say? Perhaps there may be update for the adaptive dynamic module. And I heard from somewhere I forgot that someone has problems with his suspension (too harsh?) and at the end the dealer find out that f-pace has wrong software on the adaptive dynamic module.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm bringing it in next week for a few other issues, I will bring up the rear end wobble and see if they can check the adaptive dynamics module for the proper firmware. I did do extensive driving in a prestige without the adaptive suspension and don't recall that much wobble. I bought my S out of state and just figured the adaptive suspension could only be better than the stock.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I put 1" wheel bolt on adapters. They're American built billet aluminum. They were easy to install properly and I've dome on evey vehicle for the last 10 or so. I just like the look of the wheel being focus with the wheel flare. Looks great and absurdly better than stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are another spring kit our there which is H&R and it cost a lot less than the KW, but it is not adjustable. The H&R one lowers your f-pace by 30mm while this KW kit lowers by 15-30mm, I have my springs adjusted to 20mm lower than original. Please note this kit is for the dynamic suspension only.

I installed the springs along with 15mm wheel spacers in the front and 20mm in the rear.

I thought the aftermarket springs would be a little bit harder in the first place but I'm wrong. It's a surprisingly comfortable ride. Big difference when going over speed bump. The softer ride doesn't really hurt the handling, perhaps the wheel spacers may helped a bit over here.

After all I'm very happy with this mod. The only downside is cost, it's rather expensive. I spent US$1000 + labour (ordering from Hong Kong) for the spring kit only.

Did your back drop lower than the front after installation?? Just had mine installed with both front and back adjusted to max lowering (1.2 inches) but after the install my back is at least an inch lower than the front. The front almost seems stock (weird) compared to the back. I really like how the back looks but the front needs to drop a ways to match the back. I havent had time for it to settle but didnt think it would be that big of a difference with both adjusted to the same height?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Did your back drop lower than the front after installation?? Just had mine installed with both front and back adjusted to max lowering (1.2 inches) but after the install my back is at least an inch lower than the front. The front almost seems stock (weird) compared to the back. I really like how the back looks but the front needs to drop a ways to match the back. I havent had time for it to settle but didnt think it would be that big of a difference with both adjusted to the same height?
ItBoogZ, which springs did you use? I have the H&Rs and my F-Pace is exactly like yours. Wheel to fender gap in the back is much smaller than the front gap. The H&Rs are supposed to lower the front and the back 1.2 inches, but the back clearly dropped more on my F-Pace. This is one of the reasons, I'm thinking about going with the KW springs with my SVR when it's eventually delivered in march. I would prefer the front and back top of tire to fender gap to be the same.

The H&R's do handle much better than stock, and they are more compliant over smaller bumps, but the bigger hits are definitely firmer., This is due to the progressive nature of the H&R springs. I think the KWs are progressive as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have the problem but I haven't adjusted both front and rear to the max lowering so I'm not sure.
Does your F-pace come with the dynamic suspension? The KW kit is designed for the dynamic suspension (most probably with 3.0 engine) and may not compatible with the standard suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ItBoogZ, which springs did you use? I have the H&Rs and my F-Pace is exactly like yours. Wheel to fender gap in the back is much smaller than the front gap. The H&Rs are supposed to lower the front and the back 1.2 inches, but the back clearly dropped more on my F-Pace. This is one of the reasons, I'm thinking about going with the KW springs with my SVR when it's eventually delivered in march. I would prefer the front and back top of tire to fender gap to be the same.

The H&R's do handle much better than stock, and they are more compliant over smaller bumps, but the bigger hits are definitely firmer., This is due to the progressive nature of the H&R springs. I think the KWs are progressive as well.
I got the kw’s so i could adjust the height if needed. I was hoping i wouldnt have to with them both adjusted to the same level:/. Im gonna give it a week or so of consistent driving and see if it evens out

·
Registered
10 Posts
To follow up on the KW’s and the issue with the front sitting higher than the back was an installation issue. I took it back to the shop and we found a plastic ring at the top of the strut that wasnt supposed to be there, I think the dude transfered it from the stock strut. The removal of that instantly fixed the height and overall ride. I think it sits just right now/forum/images/FPaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Are the KWs firmer than the H&R? I don't want to soften up my ride height at all, and prefer it to be firmer and handle better vs. more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Anyone put any kind of lowering kit on an SVR yet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts