Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. Does anyone have any idea why the keyless entry will not work on my 2017 F-Pace Premium? I have tried changing the batteries in both FOB's, I have even held the FOB in my hand while trying to open the door but same results, not unlocking. The FOB works perfectly by pressing the buttons but not by simply opening the door handle? If anyone has any answers, please let me know. Have an awesome day.

·
Administrator
1,917 Posts
For the sake of this discussion I will assume that the car is new to you. If that is the case the touch sensor built into the door handles was not standard on a few models of the F Pace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the sake of this discussion I will assume that the car is new to you. If that is the case the touch sensor built into the door handles was not standard on a few models of the F Pace.
Awwwww man, I definitely didn't know that. Yeah, I haven't had the F-Pace too long. Do you know if it can be added to the vehicle? If so, I am sure I'd have to take it to the dealer. Although it doesn't have one, I still love that lil cat.

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
192 Posts
I have checked the standard equipment list on two websites for the 2017 Premium. Both of them list KEYLESS ENTRY as standard equipment. Your's may not be working properly, but I doubt that JLR would build a car that is lacking it.

TO LOCK: Make a fist and press the indent on the door handle with your thumb.
TO UNLOCK: Wrap your fingers around the back of the door handle. Do not touch the indent.

Stu

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I just checked my 2017 brochure. Keyless entry shows not available for the base and premium models. Sorry.

·
Administrator
1,917 Posts
Keyless entry is exactly that, meaning that you don't need a key but you do need to use a fob. I does not mean that you can unlock or lock the doors via "touch".

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
This stuff has been going on since 2016 when I joined the forum.
Take a look at this thread:

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
513 Posts
Keyless entry is exactly that, meaning that you don't need a key but you do need to use a fob. I does not mean that you can unlock or lock the doors via "touch".
To clarify; you don't need to use the buttons on the fob, but you do need to have the fob with you, when you lock or unlock the doors via "touch". That way the car knows (from the fob's presence) that it's you trying to open or lock it. If the fob is in your pocket (or purse), you can lock or unlock the car via "touch".

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
All 2017 F Pace models had the ability to lock and unlock with the Fob.
All 2017 models EXCEPT F Pace (Base) and Premium had the door handle touch lock and unlock (with Fob presence).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi…I have just this week bought an F Pace R Sport 2017….I have the symbol for keyless on my car door handle yet it does not work…. Any idea if I have to set this up or should it just work. My salesman wasn’t very good but loved the vehicle so I had to buy it……

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi…I have just this week bought an F Pace R Sport 2017….I have the symbol for keyless on my car door handle yet it does not work…. Any idea if I have to set this up or should it just work. My salesman wasn’t very good but loved the vehicle so I had to buy it……

there is a way to deactivate the system as an antitheft thing. google how to turn it back on. i know there is a youtube of a guy doing it, but i dont remember how.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What trim F-Pace do you have? Some trims did not get keyless entry as standard?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts