Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with buying Key Fobs online and having them programmed through dealer? Looking to buy another key fob for my 2017 F Pace but didn’t think $500 Dealer price is worth it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My dealer will not program a non factory key fob. I added a 3rd one as a back up. Also when you do get a new one to program, bring all of the fibs with you since they will all need to be re Added to the ECU

DP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you need a 2nd key that comes programmed to the vehicle? Or just want a new cover for an existing key?

On both my keys the rubber coating was de-laminating from the plastic which drove me nuts and looked horrible. I bought some OEM key housings on e-bay for $50 and swapped the internals into them, they've been working great for a few months now.

Amazon has just the housing covers for ~$15 that are Range Rover branded/unbranded (these are Chinese knock-offs). I didn't have good luck with these as my Jaguar metal piece didn't align properly to close...so I wouldn't recommend those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts