Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone familiar with the Kamikaze Enrei ceramic coating? The detailing shop I plan to use has recommended this product, but I haven't been able to find any reviews or much info other than the mfg's brochures.

Just trying to get an idea of how good it is compared to some of the more popular coatings like Ceramic Pro. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the Kamikaze Enrei ceramic coating? The detailing shop I plan to use has recommended this product, but I haven't been able to find any reviews or much info other than the mfg's brochures.

Just trying to get an idea of how good it is compared to some of the more popular coatings like Ceramic Pro. Thanks.
Have never heard of this product. Every detail shop near me either uses ceramic pro or CQuartz finest. I believe those two are the most well know and reputable. If the detailing shop you are using seems legit and if there is a warranty on the ceramic coating and thats the only option near you than its better than nothing im sure. I would definitely try to find something on it before you pull the trigger though.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Never heard of Kamikaze Enrei. All I know is since I got the paint corrected and Ceramic Pro applied, my 10 month old F-Pace looks better than it did when I picked it up from the dealer in May 2016. My hood, front end and front fenders look super amazing with Suntek film under the Ceramic Pro. Even my wheels look better.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Mike, that thread and the link out to Esoteric is helpful. I wish I could find thousands of positive reviews for the product, but the detailer I'm working with does have many, consistently positive reviews so I guess I will just quiz them hard about why they use Kamikaze. I know this, someone just trusted them with their Lamborghini Huracan so I guess that's a pretty good endorsement.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Trek, how much for your ceramic pro and where? Also did you only do the exterior?
Used a guy out in the sticks in Slatington. OCD. Price was $1200 f o r full body but no wheels, two_year warranty. $1700 for stronger application, 5 year warranty, wheels included. But my price included paint correction. Brand new car shouldn't need correction, so price should be less.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Just a note about the last comment, based on my own CeramicPro treatment... a brand new car DOES need paint correction, especially in the darker colors that show up every fine swirl mark and mar from the sticky protection film and being blasted with dust and grit on the back of a transport. You might want to ask your dealer to NOT wash the vehicle prior to delivery, if you are going for the paint protection, as even that first wash at the dealer might introduce fine swirls. The quality of the protection coat is directly related to what is underneath, and if that is not as near perfect as possible, it will show through.. and you will have to live with it.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, that's what I thought. The estimate I got includes paint correction, but I also already added something to the pre-delivery letter telling the dealer NOT to wash the car for this very reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts