1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PACE (X761)
VIN RANGE: 046166-075904
Solihull Vehicles With: InControl Touch Pro

An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range which may have a cable assembly for the USB network between the USB hub and the digital disc player that does not match the specification required for robust USB 2.0 communication.

Retailers are required to HOLD affected new vehicles that are within your control and refrain from releasing the vehicles for new vehicle sale pending completion of the Service Instruction detailed in this Technical Bulletin. Unsold vehicles should have this performed as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) process but must have it completed prior to vehicle handover to the customer.

Affected vehicles already in the hands of customers should be updated at the next available opportunity.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My VIN is JUST BARELY outside that range. Thanks for keeping us posted on these things, VZX!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My S was repaired under JTB 514NAS1. Worked for awhile. Now back to intermittent skips and no eject at times.
The range on this doesn't apply to my vehicle VIN 098***.
Any ideas? Use the CD a bit. Guess I can use the USB more. No problems there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
PACE (X761)
VIN RANGE: 046166-075904
Solihull Vehicles With: InControl Touch Pro

An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range which may have a cable assembly for the USB network between the USB hub and the digital disc player that does not match the specification required for robust USB 2.0 communication.

Retailers are required to HOLD affected new vehicles that are within your control and refrain from releasing the vehicles for new vehicle sale pending completion of the Service Instruction detailed in this Technical Bulletin. Unsold vehicles should have this performed as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) process but must have it completed prior to vehicle handover to the customer.

Affected vehicles already in the hands of customers should be updated at the next available opportunity.
Thank VZX, yet another issue for my Vin # 075145. So it goes....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thought my USB was a bit iffy...would sometimes not connect, constantly connecting or take way too long to use. Will have this fixed next time it goes in.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Thought my USB was a bit iffy...would sometimes not connect, constantly connecting or take way too long to use. Will have this fixed next time it goes in.
According to my tech, this isn't directly related to USB cables. It's the connection between the ICTP head unit and the lower part that contains the CD player.

He said it might fix other issues too, but none were specifically mentioned in their documentation.

Had this done, just picked up the car. Can't tell any difference and my phone still cuts out using Bluetooth.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just had it done on mine and so far its a huge improvement. When I had my phone connected with USB previously, it would sometimes not connect, connect and disconnect periodically and take forever to load. The update to the ICTP and USB fix seems to have corrected all that. Plus the connect time for Bluetooth or USB is much, much improved.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Just had it done on mine and so far its a huge improvement. When I had my phone connected with USB previously, it would sometimes not connect, connect and disconnect periodically and take forever to load. The update to the ICTP and USB fix seems to have corrected all that. Plus the connect time for Bluetooth or USB is much, much improved.
Good to hear because I still have some USB issues that you mentioned.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I only have USB issues when I first start out. My iPhone 7 will connect and disconnect if I try to use it right at the beginning of a drive. After 5 minutes or so it connects and is solid from then on. I like listening to music from the phone and running Waze in the background so I get the audio warnings over the car speakers, even if I'm using the car's navigation. My VIN is outside the range for this fix but I wonder if it would fix my issue.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I only have USB issues when I first start out. My iPhone 7 will connect and disconnect if I try to use it right at the beginning of a drive. After 5 minutes or so it connects and is solid from then on. I like listening to music from the phone and running Waze in the background so I get the audio warnings over the car speakers, even if I'm using the car's navigation. My VIN is outside the range for this fix but I wonder if it would fix my issue.
What is waze..? :confused:

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Traffic/routing app, most swear by it over other traffic sources, most effective in cities where there are many users.
It's owned by Google and combines traffic data, user reports of accidents, speeds traps, etc. and essentially a data "mesh" with each waze app phone feeding back it's speed to the system to provide a much higher resolution, more real time view of traffic environment and reactive routing.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Traffic/routing app, most swear by it over other traffic sources, most effective in cities where there are many users.
It's owned by Google and combines traffic data, user reports of accidents, speeds traps, etc. and essentially a data "mesh" with each waze app phone feeding back it's speed to the system to provide a much higher resolution, more real time view of traffic environment and reactive routing.
Just downloaded it... Ive always used apple maps but I may switch over, seems more intuitive with more up to date info about traffic, accidents, construction, police locations etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What is waze..? :confused:
Seriously?

https://www.waze.com/

Crowd sourcing mapping software that provides real time information on traffic, accidents, hazards, police, etc. Waze was acquired by Google a few years ago. Today, the crowd sourced traffic and accident information is fed into Google Maps.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Seriously?

https://www.waze.com/

Crowd sourcing mapping software that provides real time information on traffic, accidents, hazards, police, etc. Waze was acquired by Google a few years ago. Today, the crowd sourced traffic and accident information is fed into Google Maps.
FORGIVE ME I ALWAYS USED APPLE MAPS! Haha, I downloaded it though, seems pretty intuitive.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The routing is sometimes interesting. It has taken me through several side streets to avoid traffic on the interstate that bisects this wonderful city, but I have wondered if it really did save time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was originally an Israeli IT startup.

Friends and I have speculated for several years that its proclivities to screwy backroads routes (city or country) reflects the founders' fondness for eccentric Jerusalem cab drivers.

Having used it for years, I tend to discount the "shortcuts" in areas I know quite well in favor of just taking an extra 5% travel time to avoid whiplash from multiple turns.

That said, I love the app and don't travel without it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
According to my tech, this isn't directly related to USB cables. It's the connection between the ICTP head unit and the lower part that contains the CD player.

He said it might fix other issues too, but none were specifically mentioned in their documentation.

Had this done, just picked up the car. Can't tell any difference and my phone still cuts out using Bluetooth.

FWIW I'm having issues with the CD player. VIN 884***

Original issue was skipping/not playing CDs and only ejecting 'when it felt like it' - usually after stopping and re-starting the car. So I had it in to service - took 4 freaking days to get the part/cable replacement, install it, and put my car back together again (I guess to get to it they disassemble the entire interior except for the seats) - and just picked it up on Friday.

Everything seemed fine when I picked it up - a CD was in the player and it worked - but I didn't eject. The next day I try to eject and get the error "NO DISC"... also in Media -> Source - where says Radio, Sirius, etc. - CD does not even show up. Despite this, there is clearly a disk in the player as I cannot insert another.

Called the dealership today and they seemed perplexed... I'm reluctant to give her up for another several days so thinking of just living with it - need to give up CDs anyway at some point..

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Florida Department of Transportation is now downloading road construction and known hazards directly to the site. We have a separate highway patrol and they are not downloading at this time. Many wazers do flag where the see the LEOs (law enforcement officers) to know where they are (of course just in case they or you need to make and emergency stop) even if they are off the right of way or set back in the woods in the median. I just hate to burn so much data as I do not have an unlimited plan. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts